View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Reality Twister - DON'T BUY
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:55 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 07 May 2003
Posts: 2901
Location: USA
Paul Harris' Reality Twister was a waste of my money... :evil:

It's obvious the trick is just an illusion, everyone I show it too even says so!

The reactions I get are as follows:

"ooo, cool..."
"I know how that works"
"nice try"
"I've seen better"
"well, I gotta eat my lunch..."

DON'T BUY THIS TRICK! The only thing good about it is the card case that comes with it! The lens is fragile (scratches), pen looks absolutely rediculus, and the effect is point less.

This is my opinion, and I suggest you not buy it if you are interested.

Buy something like color monte instead! 8) :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:09 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 25 Dec 2003
Posts: 271
countless reviews saying this... i hate it too


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:34 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 1476
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
It's really been hit or miss with Paul Harris lately. Oh well, good luck next time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:13 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 07 May 2003
Posts: 2901
Location: USA
Nik wrote:
It's really been hit or miss with Paul Harris lately. Oh well, good luck next time.


yup, that's for sure


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Hmmm....
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:01 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 17 Nov 2002
Posts: 112
I get good reactions to this trick. What am I doing wrong???? 8)

I especially like doing this for younger kids. They just love it because it is so visual.

Remember, this trick is all in the presentation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hmmm....
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:08 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 07 May 2003
Posts: 2901
Location: USA
DarrenR wrote:
I get good reactions to this trick. What am I doing wrong???? 8)

I especially like doing this for younger kids. They just love it because it is so visual.

Remember, this trick is all in the presentation.


you have a very valid point there...

maybe i am presenting poorly... however, another factor is that i'm performing mostly for ages 20-65.

I think they know how all of that "light refraction" and stuff is done already. lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:09 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 13 Aug 2003
Posts: 264
Location: Austin
Jiminy Christmas!! :shock:

Don't tell me that anyone here thought it wasn't some kind of optical illusion before buying this?

I guess modern science classes in schools haven't been teaching the basics of the universe. :idea:

Pay attention to your surroundings. I recieve junk mail every-now-and then that has advertising hype and specialty items that explain many effects...no not magic mailings....crap from microsoft, coca-cola, insurance companies...aol..etc..

As usual, the effect is only good as how it is presented. Very few 'tricks' can just be done without some form of story.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:25 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 07 May 2003
Posts: 2901
Location: USA
thumbslinger wrote:
Jiminy Christmas!! :shock:

Don't tell me that anyone here thought it wasn't some kind of optical illusion before buying this?

I guess modern science classes in schools haven't been teaching the basics of the universe. :idea:

Pay attention to your surroundings. I recieve junk mail every-now-and then that has advertising hype and specialty items that explain many effects...no not magic mailings....crap from microsoft, coca-cola, insurance companies...aol..etc..

As usual, the effect is only good as how it is presented. Very few 'tricks' can just be done without some form of story.


haha... i get all that junk too!

patter is a definite must with this trick


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.