View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ring leader or "real magic"??
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:36 pm 
Penguin

hey i was wonderin what would be a better buy the jay sankey "Real Magic" video, or ring leader?for anyone who is wondring to buy the raven or not i would say not to i think its pretty hard to do the thing is just too big and heavy

Post subject: Re: ring leader or "real magic"??
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 10:54 pm 
born to perform.

Location: I shall not capitulate... no never. I may be destroyed, but if I am, I shall drag a world with me...
omg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:12 am 
Emperor Penguin

submagi....What is your "omg" response supposed to mean? Is it sarcasm? Rudeness? It certainly isn't being helpful!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:57 am 
Penguin

Personally, I think they both look like good videos but I would probably get "Real Magic" because you can do more diverse tricks with different objects. That's just my personal opinion though. Perhaps someone who owns either of the videos could help you more :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:36 pm 
Penguin

Well...which one to get depends on what your goals are. I have both. I bought "Real Magic" a few months ago and got through most of it pretty quickly. I really like the stuff on there, although some other people don't. Jay Sankey is one of my favorite magicians. The "melting rubber bands" trick is priceless. This video is really good for beginners. As far as Ring Leader, I bought it so that I had something other than a bunch of card tricks. I REALLY like this one a lot. It's not too hard to perform, but definitely not for stone cold beginners. Greg Wilson does a great job performing and explaining the routines. If you want a great walk-around routine that takes up very little pocket space and borrows an item from the spectator, Ring Leader would be a great investment. One last thing...if you're not a beginner and you like Jay Sankey...The Very Best of Jay Sankey Volumes 1-3 are an exceptional investment. Some of his stuff is super easy to perform, other stuff will take me a few years to get down. Hope this long answer helps!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:13 pm 
Penguin

Darren what is the best Sankey Video or Book? What has the most value. I ask this because many of his videos have the same effects on them. Coins across is on 3 or 4 videos. Let me know what the must buy is.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:20 pm 
born to perform.

Location: I shall not capitulate... no never. I may be destroyed, but if I am, I shall drag a world with me...
umm, seriously, im not sure why i said OMG, i was mad last night....sorry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:02 am 
Penguin

Judging by your tantrum in the advice section I would blame it on you being a punk. Why don't you just do us all a favor and clean up your act or better yet leave.