View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: List of 10 Reviews
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:22 pm 
born to perform.

Im going to put 10 reviews of tricks up from here at Penguin Magic. Enjoy, hope this helps!

Post subject: Rating System
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:23 pm 
born to perform.

I'll give you the price, and the effectivness on a scale of 1-10. One being the worst and 10 being the best. I'll also add some additional comments.

Post subject: The Raven
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:25 pm 
born to perform.

Price: 21.99 - Effectivness-3/10 - I give the Raven a 3 out of 10 only because the concept of the Raven is good, but I dont like the angles, and I dont like the gimmick. Plain and simple. Theres many who love it and some who hate it...Im not sure if theres many in the middle-I hate it and dont suggest it-Keep in mind these are just my opnions, you may think different.

Post subject: Scotch and Soda
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:29 pm 
born to perform.

Price: 16.99 - Effectivness: 9.5/10 - What can I say? Its Scotch and Soda...My favorite coin effect I have ever done. Adults absolutly love and I have gotten some kids thinking about it a little bit...Theres not much to say-The concept is awesome (and unlike Raven) It is made very well and worth ever penny you pay for it. Not too many people dont like this trick! Keep in mind these are just my opnions, you may think different. Josh

Post subject: Healed and Sealed
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:32 pm 
born to perform.

Price: 10.95 Effectivness: 7/10 - Now this is one of those tricks you'll love or hate, and you have to buy it to see. Its like a must to buy but you may not like it. Im kind of in the middle-Its a great effect, well explained in the book, easy to do, easy to prepare-My only complaint is that Blaine did it so its like SO COOL BECAUSE THE MASTER DAVID BLAINE DID IT! But all in all, I suggest you purchasing it and trying it out-Keep in mind these are just my opnions, you may think different. Josh

Post subject: Deep Astonishment
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:34 pm 
born to perform.

Price: 23.95 - Effectivness: 9/10 - Deep Astonishment...hmmm...I have heard people say they despise it but mosat have said they love it. I love it. I think its genious and my best card trick. ALthough it starts off slow, it builds up 'till the end where the climax hits you right in the face. I have not had one person figure it out...Its very very clever and enjoyable to perform. I cannot reccomend this one more, its pure genious-My congrats to Paul Harris for thinking this up-Keep in mind these are just my opnions, you may think different. Josh

Post subject: Wild Levitation
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:36 pm 
born to perform.

Price: 33.99 - Effectivness: 4/10 - I recieved it, opened it, tried it out and loved it. But as time went along I grew to not like it very much-Its overpriced and levitation is way ovverated now-a-days. Everyone knows the balduchii and they suspect your doing just that behind your jacket. The gimmick is clever and smart, but like I said for the gimmick, its overpriced. Not many people fell for it, so I dont suggest it. Keep in mind these are just my opnions, you may think different. Josh

Post subject: Cardtoon 1
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:38 pm 
born to perform.

Price: 15.99 - Effectivness: 8/10 - Its a good trick. Nicely made, looks good, not good for more then 3 people-Its tough for the spectators to see it far away, tough to figure out, all in all a g-r-e-a-t trick which I reccomend. Keep in mind these are just my opnions, you may think different. Josh

Post subject: Hypnotic Choice
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:40 pm 
born to perform.

Price: 3.99 - Effectivness: 10/10 - You cant get much better then this for 3.99-The reactions I got from it were priceless, I would have paid 10 for it. The reactions I got from doing this were some better then Scotch and Soda, thats how good it is. Come on people 3.99, check it out you wont regret it!!!! Its easy and self working and cheap, I men how can it get much better? Keep in mind these are just my opnions, you may think different. Josh

Post subject: Deluxe Pen Thru Dollar
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:41 pm 
born to perform.

Price: (Sale) 19.95 - Effectivness - 9/10 - Not much to say-Great trick, well made, quality, not expensive, looks good and thats about it, I reccomend it! Keep in mind these are just my opnions, you may think different. Josh

Post subject: Coin Squeeze
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:43 pm 
born to perform.

Price: 9.99 - Effectivness: 7 or 8/10 - Its no that impressive, sometimes my spectators dont even follow whats goig on but for thoe who do its a great effect and a great price. Its worth a try for a 10 dollar bill. I suggest trying this one, its a good effect for those who understand it. All you need to know how to do is palm a coin! Keep in mind these are just my opnions, you may think different. Josh

Post subject: Re: List of 10 Reviews
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:43 pm 
born to perform.

Feel Free to post your replys about my opnions! Josh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:04 pm 
born to perform.

Love Deep Astonishment, Scotch and Soda, and The "Notorious" Raven. Healed and Sealed is an effect that is simple but i never get around to doing it......maybe this summer when i am at a barbeque i'll start doing it again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:50 pm 
Penguin

I like the Raven okay but I see where you're coming from. I think the best effect with it is changing the nickle to a mini nickle. I did it last night and my friend was speechless. But yeah, there are some things that bother me about it. The only thing about the reviews is I think Cardtoon was lowered to 13.50 but other than that thanks :) Plus I liked seeing a review for Wild Levitation.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 12:44 am 
Penguin

WOW.... Thanks a lot for the reviews!!! They were very well organized and easy to follow. It is interesting to get such specifics on a trick. As for Wild Lev. I thought you loved this trick. On other posts i remember saying that you had no regrets and everyone was amazed and things like that.