View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The New Review:// B4 Cut
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:18 pm 
Team Penguin

Yes, I am back with the semi/weekly, semi/thourough and almost always unreliable new review!!!

Anyway, todays review is on a product I bought on a whim. I always have enjoyed this cut, to probbably an unhealthy degree, but always thought that it would be another one of those cuts that I would buy and NEVER perform and just watch and squirm at how difficult it is to do.

When this cut came out, yes. It would have. But now, that I just bought it, it isn't that much of a challenge yet it retains that difficult aspect that allows for a lot of entertainment (and dropped cards) when learning it.

So, without further ado, ON WIT DA' REVIEW!!!

What Comes Out of da' Mouth De' Andrei:

Quote:
B4CUT

by Andrei Jikh

Cardistry Intermediate 12 mins

A signature move from the mind of Andrei Jikh, the b4 is a multi-phased cardistry sequence that demonstrates smooth, swift card handling. Taught in 12 minutes of detailed instruction by Andrei Jikh - and filmed in high definition in theory11's new Las Vegas hq.

And, yeah. They don't lie.

First Thoughts:

As I said, I own a couple DVDs on flourishing and almost all of them have some REALLY cool cuts that I could never learn. Was it my lack of patience? Maybe, but I was always afriad this would be one of them and I would have wasted 5 bucks for something pretty to look at...

Well, the download went very smoothly, didn't have a problem at all, like with most 1on1s. It is INSANE how smooth and good this cut looks.

Teacher & Teaching:

It is Andrei Jikh teaching this, and he goes over it VERY thoroughly. He, while not being the MOST charismatic and entertaining teacher, does his job well and teaches the cut perfectly.

The only thing I had a problem with was that he is a lefty, and I am a righty. This didn't cause a huge problem, and I don't expect Andrei to quickly learn to do it the opposite way to re-post it for convenience (although he is good enough to do that within like ten minutes).

Overall, good teaching, isn't hard for someone with a basic knowledge of some simple cardistry moves like the Sybil and the Werm.

Quality:

It is Theory11, and EVERY video they have is shot in HD in a studio. VERY good quality, like always.

Difficulty:

This cut, as stated earlier, does have a serious learning curve to it. It will take time and practice, but should be not TOO hard to learn for anyone that knows the Sybil and the Werm (well, the finger push off, but...).

Overall, intermediate was the perfect difficulty rating.

Price:

I really contemplated getting this for a long time, but I think that they under priced this. This is a GREAT cut that is REALLY original. Never seen anything like it.

For 5 bucks, I say go get it now. It is worth the money and then some for this BEAUTIFUL piece of artwork.

Final Thoughts:

As I said, well worth it, not too hard, overall, GREAT cut. Get it.

You don't know style until you have seen Andrei Jikh.

One Last Thing: The Tudor-Jikh Curse:

This might be just me, but every time I look at the flourishing of Andrei Jikh or Brian Tudor (out of which, Andrei is better) it causes me to SPEED up and really focus on the little things of my flourishing. I don't know what it is about it, but it really causes me to stop and dissect it and think about what makes it smooth and how I can speed it up more.

It adds like a burst of creativity and adrenaline. I will be practicing this and my other cuts ALL night.