View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Card college vol. 1
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:19 pm 
born to perform.

Hello again,

This is my review for card college volume 1:

Price: $32.00

Where to buy: (not sold on penguin, to get it at penguin, you'll have to buy the 1-5 combo.) You should be able to find it at any magic shop.

Description: This a book on card magic with very easy instructions and ALOT of materail. This book is put very well together. This book tends to have materail more for begginers. (but reccomended for anyone)

:arrow: Quality:9/10 This book is a bit expensive, but beleive me, it's worth it. The instructions are very clear, and has hand drawn pictures for every step. Some people may say that the tricks in this book aren't that great, but he states that they are just a basic trick to go with what you have just learned. There are about 3 tricks in this book that I would use everyday.

:arrow: After almost every single trick and sleight tought, he has a section called "check points", this little sections tells you right then and there how to fix your bad habits, and what some bad habits on the sleight that people have. This little section is VERY usefull.
:!: These little sections helped me fix so many bad habits. After my first day of reading this book, it helped me fix over 3 bad habits. It made my break nearly invisible, and tought me a different position on my hands for the overhand shuffle, and that helped alot on my control of the cards, and my injogs and outjogs.

:arrow: Sometimes the reading may git a bit confusing though. Inside both the front and back covers he has a map on the deck and the hands. Sometimes he may say to make sure that the lower outer left corner needs to be lowered a smidge. This may make it a bit confusing for people at first, but it's also good because he is very specific about what part of the hand and/or deck.

:arrow: Overall: 9/10. RECOMMENDED FOR ANYONE.

:arrow: Afterthoughts: At first I though I didn't need this book, because it teaches mostly beginner material, and I was very wrong. It helped me fix tons of bad habits I had. It also tought me new hand positions for certain things and that also helped me. This book is very well put together. And again: I recommend this book to anyone, begginer or professional.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:56 am 
Penguin

It is sold right here for $27

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=497

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:59 am 

Great review... Every CC volume is worth every penny, one of the biggest investements someone can put into card magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:11 pm 
born to perform.

sportshooter wrote:

Whenever I search for card college vol. 1 it never shows up. weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:00 am 
Penguin

this is the ultimate book for card magicians. The explanations are so great, but indeed like minimidge mentioned sometimes they are a bit confusing. You shouldn't bother, because every book has this.