View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:09 am 
Penguin

lol @ a day to learn the classic pass.

I've been working on it for around 3 months now and I'm nowhere near satisfied with the results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:30 am 
Penguin

[I have to agree with oztheozzie. It does take quite a long time to do the pass invisibly. It takes people months or even years to perfect the pass. It not a sleight that is mastered in a couple of days. It's a sleight that takes a lot of practice, and a lot of work to perfect.]

it took me a day to make it invisible it took a couple of months to get the pass perfected.....[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:20 pm 
Emperor Penguin

griffingwilliams wrote:
Yes, I have heard many good things about Pass With Care, but I don't really want a source that is all on the pass. If there was a book or DVD that taught the classic pass really good, along with other sleights or effects, I would probably get it.

Royal Road to Card Magic.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:02 pm 
Penguin

i agree with him the card college books are probably the best source of card technique

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:26 pm 
Penguin

i agree. Card college, in my opinion, is a better source than Royal road. It's worth the money and the time.

I feel you should invest in card college.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 pm 
Penguin

If I get Card College Volume 2, what will I learn besides the classic pass? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:43 pm 
Penguin

http://penguinmagic.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=104059
Read the second post.

Wait - read the first as well. Buy volume 1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:19 pm 

If you buy CC, you will learn everything you need to know. The Pass isn't a "required" move, but will come in very handy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:32 pm 
born to perform.

griffingwilliams wrote:
If I get Card College Volume 2, what will I learn besides the classic pass? Thanks.

Start with volume 1, no matter what you think you already know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:41 pm 

Definately. You will learn things about moves you already do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:16 pm 
Penguin

I would definitely pick up teh card college, I have all of them and I am constantly referring back to them for tips on everything. It seems to me that no matter how many times I read about a sleight I always learn somethign new. I want to be the next Marlo, lol and I'm determined to do it (rushes off to practice second, center, and bottom dealing)

As for the question of wether or not the classic pass is a requirement, for performing great card magic there are plenty of other moves that accomplish the same thing. I tend to use the pass alot and I mean ALOT. After practicing it for almost two years I feel I have it down well and after practicing that for so long I definitley want to use it. In answer to the question of wether or not the classic pass is necessary to learn to accomplish the other passes the answer is different. All the passes I know seem to be variations on the classic pass (The jiggle pass, riffle pass, cover pass, herman pass, to name a few although the herman pass not so much)

My advice to you would be to get the Card College series and also On teh Pass with Kaufman I think its called and keep practicing everything you are normally practicing and keep the pass in your practice pile for awhile. It's a great move that takes along time to get down and perfect, so what I'm trying to say is don't put all your focus on it, but make it somethign you practice regularly.

Hope this helped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:52 am 
Penguin

The only pass I will probably ever use is a One Card Pass for "Paul Mase's Trick" to create a visual appearance. I actually don't use many controls (around 1) in my effects, partly because the amount of effects that utilize a control other than a spread cull that fit me are few and far between.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:49 pm 
Penguin

this may seem outdated, but what about expert at the card table?
i think this may be why im finding it difficult.... what are the problems that ppl experience?
i have trouble with my hand covering the action of bringing the top packet back underneath it always seems to show!! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:15 am 
Penguin

MagicMan43 wrote:
i have trouble with my hand covering the action of bringing the top packet back underneath it always seems to show!! :(

The secret to making a pass "invisible", is to execute it when no one is looking. Misdirection is paramount in executing a successful pass.
Best regards,
Olmagi52
:D 8) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:16 am 
Penguin

There are some people that can do a classic pass when people are looking. Misdirection is very important if your pass isn't invisible. (Like mine) I didn't perfect the pass and I'm not even close but I still use it with misdirection. There are times when I wish my pass was better. To visually cause a card to appear or disappear, to make a card change colors. (Paul Mase’s trick) There are more uses for the pass than just a control. False cut, Cards vanishing or appearing ect.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next