View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:53 pm 
born to perform.

Why does everyone think the flippiant move is so hard? I had that in less than a day.

-marlo's face up startler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:20 am 
born to perform.

Sweepingreaper4 wrote:
Why does everyone think the flippiant move is so hard? I had that in less than a day.

Yea, but did you have it invisible and perfectly aligned in less than a day?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:28 am 
Emperor Penguin

I don't like the Flippant Move- I can't do it at all.

But guess what Connor? You know in Pyrotechnic Pasteboards/Card Stunts where Greg flicks the two cards through the air from hand to hand, and they stay perfectly aligned? It's in "Phoenix Split" in Card Stunts, and "Lethal Fours" on Pyrotechnic Pasteboards. Well, I can totally do that now! :o It took me many times rewinding, and at least an hour standing in the middle of my room doing it over and over, but it is freakin' awesome.

Maybe it's not a hard move, but I could never figure it out, and I thought I was discussing it with you that it was difficult- maybe it was someone else, who knows? Anyway...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:59 am 
born to perform.

yea, it might have been me. I don't remember it clearly if it was though. That move is really knacky. You have to have the right finger placement and bow the cards just right, etc. I'm glad to here you've got it down. Good work. But I don't remember it being used in lethal fours?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:10 am 
born to perform.

Location: Waiting as a final load under a very large set of cups. It is dark......
This is probably the hardest trick that I've worked on, but it really isn't too hard. There is just some awkward counts, but you get used to it. I know that this video isn't too good, but I posted it a while ago. I should take it down and re-film to get it better and more entertaining, but without further ado here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33vPHEfkoqM (I don't know what the trick is called, or who it's by. It might be a Shaun Robison trick, but I can't be positive.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:05 pm 
Emperor Penguin

acebrawler73 wrote:
yea, it might have been me. I don't remember it clearly if it was though. That move is really knacky. You have to have the right finger placement and bow the cards just right, etc. I'm glad to here you've got it down. Good work. But I don't remember it being used in lethal fours?

Well, Lethal Fours is like my favorite trick ever, so I've watched it many times. I'm not sure if it's used in the performances, but I know it's in the explanation. After you reveal there really are four cards, the spectator puts one away themselves, then there are four. Then you put the other three away, leaving you with *one*. That's where the move is at.

The main problem I had with it is that I couldn't figure out how he was propelling the card. Then I watched it in slow-mo and realized that he was putting pressure on it with his thumb. But I'm glad I finally got it down- it was one of the few moves on there that I couldn't do, but really wanted to. Maybe I'll get a video up sometime. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:48 pm 
born to perform.

Oh yea. I forgot he talked about that. I really should work on that trick, it's one of the best on the dvds. I really like the way david williamson suggests singularity here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNg1SkMie1s even though there was a discrepency in handing the guy only one card. I love how right after the discrepency happens he goes, "don't answer that". But I didn't notice the discrepency until the third or fourth time I watched it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:26 am 
Emperor Penguin

acebrawler73 wrote:
Oh yea. I forgot he talked about that. I really should work on that trick, it's one of the best on the dvds. I really like the way david williamson suggests singularity here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNg1SkMie1s even though there was a discrepency in handing the guy only one card. I love how right after the discrepency happens he goes, "don't answer that". But I didn't notice the discrepency until the third or fourth time I watched it.

Yes, Lethal Fours is one of the first effects that I learned from that DVD, and definitely the one that caught my eye first. I absolutely love it, and it fits right into the gambling-style routine I've been working on. Get to work! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:29 pm 
born to perform.

acebrawler73 wrote:
Sweepingreaper4 wrote:

Yea, but did you have it invisible and perfectly aligned in less than a day?

Okay maybe I embellished a little but I wouldn't put it at the top of my list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:11 pm 
born to perform.

anything by shoot ogawa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:38 am 
born to perform.

Location: Burleson , Texas , stop buying every new trick and Read some bloody books
simple switch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:36 am 
Penguin

There's a sandwich trick by Simon Lovel, I forgot what it's called. Basically, a signed card with a blue back gets sandwiched between 2 queens, the back of the signed card changes color to red, then the queens change to red, the signed card changes back to blue, then the card gets magically sandwiched once more, and then the entire deck changes color. Just memorizing the order of the sleights took about a week, then practicing... well... I learned it in 2006 and still haven't perfected it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:43 pm 
born to perform.

Royal Flush Finale from CC volume 1.

Not in terms of presentation, but a couple of the productions are very much "chance-oriented," and so it's difficult to get a solid performance in ten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:05 pm 
born to perform.

directedby wrote:
There's a sandwich trick by Simon Lovel, I forgot what it's called. Basically, a signed card with a blue back gets sandwiched between 2 queens, the back of the signed card changes color to red, then the queens change to red, the signed card changes back to blue, then the card gets magically sandwiched once more, and then the entire deck changes color. Just memorizing the order of the sleights took about a week, then practicing... well... I learned it in 2006 and still haven't perfected it!
Almost sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:43 am 
born to perform.

well for me it would have to be TORN by Daniel Garcia not the presentation just getting it to look good took me months of practicing because of a couple of the moves.

for the people that know the trick it's the move near the beginning where you have half of the card restored and you're about to restore the next piece and also when you turn the card over at the end to show the card has been fully restored. other than those 2 parts of the trick I had the other stuff looking good by the end of my first week here's a video of his performance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmMQ-hR8bVk the points that took me the longest time to look good are at :49 and 1:05

I know that a lot of people will probably be saying that it's not a hard trick and I'm just complaining but keep in mind I just started doing magic in August of '07 so considering I've only been doing magic for a little under 1.5 years I did pretty good with that trick and I started to learn it in December of '07 and it took me a few months to make it look good and I'm so close to being able to do the advanced handling of it now that I should have it looking good in a few more days I showed it to my parents and they said that there was only 1 part of it that needs work so I'm hoping to get it looking good soon because it looks way more visual when you have the cards out in the open.

I went all through Youtube to try and find one video of anybody doing the advanced handling of TORN but absolutely nobody has posted on there of themselves doing the advanced handling either because they don't like it or because it's too hard for these people to do it or they may think it's impractical I don't really know but once I get it good looking I'll be sure and post it on Youtube and it'll probably be the first ever video of the advanced handling of TORN on Youtube.

Anyways I'm rambling now so I'd better stop typing now but I do have one question I've been seeing a lot of people have said that boomerang card of death trick is the hardest trick they've ever tried to do but being a beginner in magic I don't know where I can find that trick could somebody tell me which dvd or book I can find that under?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next