View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:35 am 
Penguin

Who is that anyway? :?

And the hardest trick I've ever worked on is Raise Rise, before that it was simple switch. Now I can do the simple switch with my eyes closed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:17 am 
born to perform.

Simple Switch was wierd for me - I tried really hard and practised it alot, but still could only do it about 3 times out of ten. Then I stopped, and weeks later, without practasing I was doing it alot better. That happens alot though, you practise somthing loads, leave it for weeks/months, and when you come back to it, you acctually do it alot better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:22 am 
born to perform.

Agreed, I had troubles with the hot shot cut when I first learned it. Left it for a few days, came back and was great at it. It is like it gives you confidence to try it again, and that allows you to do the moves fearlessly, which makes you do it properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:41 am 
born to perform.

Someone explained that to me once;
Sometimes you practice something the wrong way and you don't know about it, so it doesn't work the way it should, and then you stop practicing it for some time and when you try it again you do it much better.
This happens because your brain is analyzing what you're doing wrong and then it tries to fix itself so you'll do it better.
Pianists use this on purpose.
I practiced the Simple Switch for a lot of time and I never got confident with it, so I stopped practicing it for a few months and not so long ago I started practicing it again and now I'm able to do it every time, seriously.

^long but worth reading imho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:08 am 
born to perform.

daniel116 wrote:
Someone explained that to me once;
Sometimes you practice something the wrong way and you don't know about it, so it doesn't work the way it should, and then you stop practicing it for some time and when you try it again you do it much better.
This happens because your brain is analyzing what you're doing wrong and then it tries to fix itself so you'll do it better.
Pianists use this on purpose.
I practiced the Simple Switch for a lot of time and I never got confident with it, so I stopped practicing it for a few months and not so long ago I started practicing it again and now I'm able to do it every time, seriously.

^long but worth reading imho

Yes, agreed. This acctually is a good technique, and has happened loads of times with me, the most recent was I was practasing pughes pass, but every most the time is made the nose... I went on holiday for a week and didn't touch the cards much atall, when I got home... well, lets say my pughes pass is silent now. Same with top shot too.

It's happened so many times, but I never really though of using it to my advantage by purpose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:22 am 
born to perform.

Learning how to Back Palm a card has been very difficult for me. Also, I'm proud to have mastered the Hot Shot Cut.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:49 am 
born to perform.

Ho0ho! I just finished watching 'Surfaced' by Chad Nelson, so I've been working on the clipshift for 30 minutes, and it looks like it'l take some working!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:08 pm 
Penguin

definitely the clipshift by chad nelson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:38 pm 
born to perform.

John Born's Meant to Be. Was five months before I could nail it perfectly 100% of the time (this includes memorizing a deck, getting the grip right, etc).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:53 am 
born to perform.

Hoffenzer spread force has been kicking my rear end lately. Also....I'm embarrassed to admit this....I was reading a post on Aaron Fisher's sight and he mentioned the move he saw butchered most often was (drum roll please) Holding a Break! I checked myself in the mirror and found that I was one of these culprits! It's an easy fix but I have been giving it a lot more work since discovering my hubris. :oops:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6