View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:54 pm 
Team Penguin

exodus wrote:
KyletheGreat wrote:
What about Martin Nash AKA "the cunning cheat"?!!!?!?!

"Charming". He's the Charming Cheat.

lol, whoops...you're right...brain fart moment!

I always refer to him simply by Martin Nash...It's to cool of a name to slap a nickname over!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:03 pm 
born to perform.

JasonEngland wrote:
daniel116 wrote:
What Bill Malone did is Steve Forte's solution for Scarne's Aces, called No Look Aces.

Daniel,

Steve and Bill had met only once prior to the taping of Hidden Secrets of Magic. Bill and Steve are very good friends now, but hardly knew each other at the time.

Bill's version of Scarne's Aces was not a Forte idea, nor was it inspired by a Forte idea or solution. It's all Bill's.

Jason

Jason, asuming this really is the Jason England, I told him that before but that didn't stop him. No Look Aces is an ace cutting routine Steve created and generously allowed Bill to put on Here I go again Volume 2. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:35 am 
Penguin

Upon thinking of an answer to the question on hand, I started listing who my favourite performers were -- but looking back, this is not actually what was asked. It's indeed very tricky to say; one who is an excellent card mechanic could be an overall terrible performer. However, I would have to go for either Bébel or Steve Forte, simply because I have always been inspired by their card work. :)

Jordan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:06 am 
born to perform.

Thanks for posting here Jordan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:10 pm 
Penguin

I dont know who the best is, but I'd sure hate to play cards with this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNva2yv5 ... re=related

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:50 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Burleson , Texas , stop buying every new trick and Read some bloody books
Dai vernon said that richard turner was the best in the history of the world

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:38 pm 

It seems that I never chimed in with my thoughts. I still think Richard Turner is inhuman because of the skill he has with cards.

Post subject: Card Mechanics
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:51 pm 
Penguin

dan and dave are my favorites. but daniel madison and andrew jikh are really good too; they're both sick

Post subject: Re: Card Mechanics
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:23 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Hambrick wrote:
they're both sick

Really!? What's wrong with them? I hope they don't have swine flu....

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:47 pm 
born to perform.

adjones wrote:
Hambrick wrote:
they're both sick

I think you're gonna have to fail stamp yourself for that one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm 
Penguin

acebrawler73 wrote:
adjones wrote:
Hambrick wrote:
they're both sick

I think you're gonna have to fail stamp yourself for that one.

When pigs can fly.... :twisted:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:08 pm 
born to perform.

SlipperyPete wrote:

My god!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:54 pm 
Penguin

SlipperyPete wrote:

My first post, and my first reply. :)

I am 70 years old, and a retired professional gambler with a ton of stories.
The move in the youtube video was one of my favorite moves. Now, at 70 years old, and seeing it shown on youtube kind of makes me proud..Yes, I was a card mechanic. Cool, smooth, and super sharp. That was a cold deck move. I used it one time, when I was in a game with 6 people, and 4 of them were cheating..That left the house lady and me against the other 4.. I pulled that move with the house lady dealing, and walked away with all the money.

Not to be to long, because I have stories upon stories..But, the secret of being a good mechanic is to be able to perform beyond suspicion. That is when you perform and nobody has a clue. That is the peak of perfectionism.

Like I said, that was just one of my moves, I could use it in the game, or to change broads at the table. Broads was the nickname players gave to a deck of cards. BTW, I did this for 40 years, I paid bills, traded CARS(autos), and never got hurt. I was a gentleman, and I respected people. The few times I was caught on to, I was admired for my skill, and the way I perform and was never in a bad position. Although, I was armed most of the time, I never had to use force to get out of any situation. Highly skilled and being a gentleman was all that was needed.. And being clariyfoint. (bad spelling)

One last thing, the card games I played, I was an expert at with out using my weapons, and that added to my success. Because if was good at the game on the straight, and had a arsenal of weapons to use, being super good at the game, I just needed a little weapon to win.. Pure and simple.

Let me stop, because I could go on and on.. BTW, I was a good customer of KC Card Company too.

Last edited by cehowardrc51 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:42 pm 
born to perform.

@cehowardrc51
Thanks so much for posting here. It is great to hear from someone like you.

That is an awsome demo BTW. That is something I am starting to work on for my demos....Long way to go.

As for the topic, so far I'll chip in for Steve Forte but that is because I have seen lots of his demos. I just started watching some of Richard Turners stuff. He is pretty impressive. I may change my vote if I see more?

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:34 pm 
Penguin

eostresh wrote:
@cehowardrc51
Thanks so much for posting here. It is great to hear from someone like you.

That is an awsome demo BTW. That is something I am starting to work on for my demos....Long way to go.

As for the topic, so far I'll chip in for Steve Forte but that is because I have seen lots of his demos. I just started watching some of Richard Turners stuff. He is pretty impressive. I may change my vote if I see more?

Hiya, I am smiling from ear to ear. Back in the day, I didn't have nobody else doing that move. A fella from Chicago show it to me, and I perfected it to the point of out of sight. Just like the youtube video. Once I draw the deck to the other hand it is one fluid motion.

That move, my shuffle, the second, and the run up, were works of art. My shuffle was so sweet that when I set the cards down, most of the time they would say "deal"..

Another important point to my success for over such a long time, was respect for the game, respect for the regular players and respect for other professionals too. I had reach the point of when low level players make a move, I had to pretend I don't see it. If I let on that I saw that the high level move, then I get the credit for being smart. Don't want that, I always worked as if I was dumbfounded. :)

I recall one occassion that another pro and I had broke the game. Now, the other pro didn't know I was a pro and wanted to play me head up..I refused, but he goated, and goated me. I relented.

This was one of my favorite scores. The reason he was coming after me so hard was because I was playing way over his head, and he didn't know I was a pro too. He was playing topwork, if you know what I mean. I was rubbing. We playing 5 card stud. His topwork only allow him to see the top card on the deck, whereas, the rub let me see all the way down. It was like a battle, this guy had been winning all the time, nobody ever beat him. They were betting on the side who would come out the winnner. I broke him, and he never knew what hit him.

Look, I will be around a while, like I said I got TONS of stories. I played cards and pool, and both them like like and out of sight expert..

Cheers..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next