View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: PHIL deck
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:43 pm 
born to perform.

I am not sure if people on these forums would be familiar with this type of deck that i have but if someone is that would be great. my problem is i can not remember how to work this effect, the special deck is called "phil" and every card has a different name on it, examples.... sally, mary, jane, ect. anybody here aware of what I'm trying to describe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:12 am 
born to perform.

I am aware of the effect, and I'm sure many other people on this forum are as well.
However, if you cannot remember how to work the effect, then you are out of luck, because to explain it here would be exposure.
Aside from that fact, we have no way of knowing if you really own the deck, or if you are just trying to get the secret in a round-about way. That's not to say I don't trust you; it simply means that there are reasons we cannot divulge secrets to specific effects on these forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:20 pm 
born to perform.

Are you referring to the (ungimmicked/ungaffed) trick by Ed Marlo called Female?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:28 pm 
born to perform.

ayli wrote:
Are you referring to the (ungimmicked/ungaffed) trick by Ed Marlo called Female?

I got the impression that he was referring to Cardian Angel by Paul Harris.

P.S. Thanks for letting me know about the Itricks clinic. I'm in the middle of watching it right now (as soon as it unfreezes :evil: ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:29 pm 
Emperor Penguin

ayli wrote:

Isn't that the pain in the [edited] effect requiring ridiculous sleights that John Mendoza reworked to make a thousand times easier?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:49 pm 
born to perform.

magikrn wrote:
ayli wrote:

Isn't that the pain in the [edited] effect requiring ridiculous sleights that John Mendoza reworked to make a thousand times easier?

Yep, and it's a beauty. John says that there must be at least 1000 versions of this effect, but his is easiest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:15 am 
born to perform.

cameronb wrote:
I am aware of the effect, and I'm sure many other people on this forum are as well.
However, if you cannot remember how to work the effect, then you are out of luck, because to explain it here would be exposure.
Aside from that fact, we have no way of knowing if you really own the deck, or if you are just trying to get the secret in a round-about way. That's not to say I don't trust you; it simply means that there are reasons we cannot divulge secrets to specific effects on these forums.

i understand your reasoning and accept the fact people on these forums cannot explain this to me.... thank you for your thoughts. i appreciate it :)

i will have to figure it out by playing with the deck a bit and trying to remember, because i have performed this for people in the past, except the fact it was more than two years ago i believe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:57 am 
born to perform.

Yeah. Well I wish you the best of luck. :P

Hopefully somebody who owns it will PM you about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:18 pm 
Team Penguin

I'm familiar with the effect. It's name "Phil" is derived from "Phil Goldstein"...whom you better know as Max Maven. I do a similar yet different version of the effect...I modified a Jumbo deck to be able to do it. What exactly do you need to know?