View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:03 am 
born to perform.

LMAO!, On the T11 forums this DVD was praised (I dont have a T11 account just look at in about once a month to check product reviews). LOL and over here it just gets gagged on.

But seriously it is Blah, Recycled material and bad Camera Work + Editting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:45 am 
born to perform.

thats cuzz we're not mindless droans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:16 am 
born to perform.

acebrawler73 wrote:
thats cuzz we're not mindless droans.

This.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:30 am 
Penguin

T11 went b-a-n-a-n-a-s over this? lol

I'm no card expert, but I have studied ALOT of what I saw in that video. Nothing new

Post subject: RE:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:49 am 
Penguin

It's cool if you want to diss the video, but it would be more beneficial if your comments were accurate.

This video is more sleight, color change, and ace production based than flourish based. The flourish cuts happened to get put on the trailor since they are somewhat flashy and visually catch more interest than sleights. The items on the trailer were chosen not for their percentage of creativity (though, they aren't rehashed - see below), but for their visual nature.

There is a variation of Paul Harris' Butterfly Cut on the video. Keyword VARIATION. It starts like the Butterfly cut, but has a smooth close finish. Credit is given to Paul Harris. If you want to see the original Paul Harris cut then see a different video. We figured magicians would be smart enough to recognize the variation.

Also, the cut that someone may have thought was Tudor's YTBN, is not as it is a Quadruple one hand cut not a triple cut. It may be tricky to see all the packets because the camera is moving in that shot so I can see where some confusion might exist... but I gurantee you it is four packets (not three) and definitely not Tudor's YTBN cut.

There are versions of Full Deck False Sybils on the video. Credit is given to those which moves inspired them... Based on stuff from Kenner, DnD, Tudor, Asher, and Green. These items were not just pieced together to form the cuts, time was taken to create them, practice them, change them for the better, re-practice them and etc.

I would love to hear what you feel is rehashed cause so far you are incorrect. Some things may be variations of other things, but they definitely are not rehashed and credit is given on the dvd where credit is due. Complain about all the stuff on the trailer that you want, but don't make stuff up. Keep in mind this is only a fraction of the actual things on the dvd.

Thanks,
Richard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:54 am 
Penguin

I'm going to be as unbiased as I can be with this.

I've seen many of the effects and flourishes on the DVD live way before these guys even considered putting together a DVD (mostly rhucko1's stuff). Though some of the material on the DVD may look "rehashed", their handling is what makes it unique. I mean come on...isn't everything in magic nowadays just a rehash anyway?

Post subject: Re: RE:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:11 am 
born to perform.

rhucko1 wrote:

There is a variation of Paul Harris' Butterfly Cut on the video. Keyword VARIATION. It starts like the Butterfly cut, but has a smooth close finish. Credit is given to Paul Harris. If you want to see the original Paul Harris cut then see a different video. We figured magicians would be smart enough to recognize the variation.

The Butterfly cut is the exact variation that Greg Wilson teaches on his Pyrotechnic Pasteboards. I believe it is Wilson's variation as David Regal also credits Wilson in his book Constant Fooling. Therefore, I don't believe it is your variation.

Look, I don't really care. It looks like a great DVD and the guy doing the
moves (you?) seems adept at the moves. Someone came to this forum in what seemed to be a not so cleverly veiled attempt at marketing the DVD and asked our opinions. Some of us thought that material looked rehashed.

Personally, I don't care so long as proper credit is given and permission is granted on effects that are from a still-living creator of the effect. Then if it is rehashed, who cares as long as I am learning and it is a good value.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:42 am 
born to perform.

Sybils? Butterfly cuts? I wouldn't pay for that....
And No, that Cherry Control was not obvious :roll:.
This has all been done before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:40 pm 
Penguin

orcishorde wrote:
LMAO!, On the T11 forums this DVD was praised (I dont have a T11 account just look at in about once a month to check product reviews). LOL and over here it just gets gagged on.

But seriously it is Blah, Recycled material and bad Camera Work + Editting.

Figure out the color change at 8s

Figure out the sleight at 55s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9mwxHLQQFc

Tell me those ar'nt original.

tell me those are; recycled

Bad camera work and Editting huh.....

Go :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: yourself. It's about the cards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:11 pm 

Now I'm having a hard time believing it's not your product. You're a little too defensive. Also, attacking other members isn't allowed.

*LOCKED*

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2