View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Your Ambitious Card Routine
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:42 am 
Penguin

Inspired by another thread, I thought I post it here.

Here is a basic understanding of my ACR:

Pre-Routine:

Deck is examined and shuffled by spectator which is then promptly followed by selecting a card.

Phase 1: Card Jumps to the Top

Card is placed into the centre of the deck and left out jogged. The top card is shown to not be the selected card, as it is in the middle of the deck. The card is pushed flush to the deck and with absolutely no funny moves the top card is turned over. It is their selected card.

Phase 2: Card Jumps to the Top Again + Signed

The card is now signed by the spectator and is placed into the centre of the deck and left out jogged. The top card is shown to not be the signed card, as it is in the middle of the deck. The signed card is pushed flush to the deck and with absolutely no funny moves the top card is turned over. It is their signed card.

Phase 3: Card Visually Jumps to the Top + Face-Up

The signed card is yet again placed into the middle of the deck face-up and slowly pushed in. With a simple wave and a blink of the eye, the selected, signed face-up card visually appears face-up on top of the deck.

Phase 4: Card Visually Jumps to the Top Again + Sticker

A sticker is then placed on the back of the selected, signed card and signed with the spectator's initials. The card is yet again placed in the middle of the deck. With a simple flick of the deck, visually a sticker appears on the back of the deck, and as you guessed it...it's the spectator's signed selection.

Sleights Used: Triple Lift...DL...Pass...Marlo Tilt + Ego Change

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:32 am 
born to perform.

Very nice, I have been doing the ACR only for the last few months. Still not very good with it. But Iam getting better. I like the one with the Card Visually Jumps to the Top Again + Sticker good idea I will put that into mine as well. Here is what I do.

1. Card is placed into the centre of the deck and left out jogged. The top card is shown to not be the selected card, as it is in the middle of the deck. The card is pushed flush to the deck and with absolutely no funny moves the top card is turned over. It is their selected card.
I just copied and pasted yours because its just like mine ( LOL )

2. I have them sign the card and do the tilt move.

3. Then I shuffle the deck and turn over the top card and act like I made a mistack and I show the wroung card. Then turn over the deck and show the bottom card, still not theres and then do the a card change like a color change and its there card.
4. shuffle the cards again, wrap the cards in a rubber band, set the deck down and hit the table and there card jumps to the top of the deck leaving the rest of the cards wrap in the rummber band.

5. Then I use the Extractor and have them put the card in the middle of the card box and do a card to wallet.

This is some of the things I do with it. I have not shown anybody this yet because I feel I need a lot more time.

Thanks.
Lance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:07 am 
born to perform.

Anybody ????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:28 pm 
born to perform.

My ACR is different every time. Basically its....

1. Face up spread to have card called out and card card is passed (lepaul spread pass) to 2nd position.

2. DL to show selection, and its placed in the deck.

3. 2 or 3 face down phases. (Possible moves: tilt, K.M. move, backstage pass, ect)

4. pop-up move

5. face up pass

6. Mercury card to wallet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:14 pm 
born to perform.

I usually use the ACR to practice new sleights. When I perform it it is usually an improv thing. I do have one routine which uses elements of the ACR.

After a few effects do a deck switch-
Blindsided(modified version) I wont go into move detail obviously but the spectator picks a king, I find the wrong card and change it into their king. I hand them the king and say "that move can be rough on an old king." They look at their card and find a skull king (From an E-gaff deck). Then the deck changes color.

ACR phase Tell the audience that you suspect foul play. Point out that criminals always return to the scene of the crime, in this case the top of the deck.

DL a 7 backed up by same suit 8. Inserting the 8 you can show a full 1/2 the card with a finger covering only the #(these two cards work best for me in this convincing move)

Put out the APB (sign the card) Top change and repeat.

Now he is on the run(control 7 to second card from bottom) Show the bottom card. When they say it's not their card you say it's in disguise. (Perform the Terry LeGould change where you snap the card on to the table and it changes...Can't remember the name? Or if I am feeling lucky and the angles are good I might try the axis change)

(Hello Goodbye-featuring the one handed pop out)

I finally catch the card....usually in my wallet but I might go match book or other "Impossible location" depending on the situation.

So it isn't a classic ACR but I use elements of the ACR to tell the story.

Post subject: Re: Your Ambitious Card Routine
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:53 pm 
Penguin

KingOfSpades07 wrote:

A sticker is then placed on the back of the selected, signed card and signed with the spectator's initials. The card is yet again placed in the middle of the deck. With a simple flick of the deck, visually a sticker appears on the back of the deck, and as you guessed it...it's the spectator's signed selection.

If this is done with a pass you should have them sign the back of the card instead. It removes the possibility from their minds of you changing the sticker from one card to another.

I'd be tempted to implement the bent card jump in your routine. It might be overkill, but it fits in well with the theme of constantly making the conditions more stringent.

If you're not familiar with the move, you do a DL showing their card. You put a visible bend across the middle of the two cards. (shortways, not longways) You replace them on top of the deck, holding the selected card flat with the deck in an elevated dealing position (your thumb and middle finger hold near the bend to keep it flat). You insert the other card into the deck and show that it's bent inside the deck. You flatten out the bend and then do your magical sign. Release with your thumb and middle finger and the card appears to visually jump to the top of the deck.

You can then do a pressure fan to the entire deck to remove the bend from the dummy card that was put into the middle of the deck.

Post subject: Re: Your Ambitious Card Routine
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:57 pm 
born to perform.

JoshuaD wrote:
KingOfSpades07 wrote:

If this is done with a pass you should have them sign the back of the card instead. It removes the possibility from their minds of you changing the sticker from one card to another.

I'd be tempted to implement the bent card jump in your routine. It might be overkill, but it fits in well with the theme of constantly making the conditions more stringent.

If you're not familiar with the move, you do a DL showing their card. You put a visible bend across the middle of the two cards. (shortways, not longways) You replace them on top of the deck, holding the selected card flat with the deck in an elevated dealing position (your thumb and middle finger hold near the bend to keep it flat). You insert the other card into the deck and show that it's bent inside the deck. You flatten out the bend and then do your magical sign. Release with your thumb and middle finger and the card appears to visually jump to the top of the deck.

You can then do a pressure fan to the entire deck to remove the bend from the dummy card that was put into the middle of the deck.

Easy with the exsposing ;)

,Tyler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:04 pm 
Penguin

My bad. I assumed that one was old enough for it to be general knowledge.