View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

How often does the classic force succeed for you?
Less than half the time 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
50% 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
60% 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
70% 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
90% 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
100% 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: On the Classic Force
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:14 pm 
Penguin

What outs do you use when it fails? What sort of spectators do you try it on? Do you have them pick a card freely in a different trick to watch how they choose first?

I love this force, but I'm hesitant to use it when I've already done significant setup (physical or vocal) for a trick and I need the force to be 100%.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:15 pm 
born to perform.

Say if I was going for the last ace in an assembly via classic force, and it failed. I would let them take out the card, and I say with enthusiasm, "Woudn't it be great if you picked the .......... (as they turn the card over) the 10 of Hearts" (for examp.). [I say all this as I cut the force card to top or bottom depending what revelation...] I then retrieve the card back and do twirl change, Lageroulds card flick, top change or whatever(sometimes with or with out time misdirection depending on the situation.) Just always have an out.

As for effects that need the classic force to be 100%, this needs you to chose the right spectator and simply be 100% on delivering it to them. Just always practice the classic for even when you don't need to, say for pick a card tricks or tricks when you have out.

I forget what demo it's on penguin, but he does a couple of psychological misdirections at the last second when he sees they aren't going for the selection. In the end, they do touch the force card. I'll look for it after for you!!!!!!

Hope that helps...

ps. Never gasp or show disapointment if they don't get forced. Trust me, I've felt it when they touch the card right next to it. But even then you can do other such sleights or equivoque.

Post subject: Re: On the Classic Force
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:20 pm 
born to perform.

JoshuaD wrote:
What outs do you use when it fails?

The trick I perform is based upon if the force worked or not. I'm unsure why you're giving a pre-trick speech using a regular deck of cards. Make it more fluid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:56 pm 
born to perform.

I know what you mean Akira but there are certain effects that you've built up and the rest of the effect depends on the classic force . Kinda of if like Tamariz' effect, "A Card and Number".