View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:34 pm 
born to perform.

Revelation by Dean Dill. The audience just stands there, confused. Then the discussion begins!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:10 pm 
born to perform.

My Chicago Opener, I have them cover their card with their phone. I am also considering switching it up and having them sign the first card and I sign the second (anyone have any thoughts on that?)

Also Stigmata, French Kiss, and 3 Million to 1

Post subject: Re: Your BEST card trick you're audience is still talking about?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:41 pm 
Penguin

I sat down at my regular pub, had the bartender/owner pick a card, had her rip it up and flush it down the toliet. After several "failed" attempts to bring back the card, I order a beer. She pulls a bottle of Landshark out of the chest cooler, and her card is in the bottle. The beer is still sealed, and it's not a twist off... I almost got chased out of there with pitchforks and torches...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:53 pm 
born to perform.

eldeeder wrote:
I sat down at my regular pub, had the bartender/owner pick a card, had her rip it up and flush it down the toliet. After several "failed" attempts to bring back the card, I order a beer. She pulls a bottle of Landshark out of the chest cooler, and her card is in the bottle. The beer is still sealed, and it's not a twist off... I almost got chased out of there with pitchforks and torches...

Where did you say you got the "Gimmick" for that effect? I recall you mentioning it before but I just finished searching a few home brew websites and couldn't find any.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:36 pm 
Penguin

Universal Impression...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:12 am 
born to perform.

Color monte baby!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:51 am 
born to perform.

Killer Spies (aka The Best Card Trick Ever)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:05 am 
born to perform.

revelation77 wrote:

sigh, there's always one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:10 am 
born to perform.

Sorry...couldn't resist :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:21 am 
born to perform.

bucky310 wrote:
revelation77 wrote:

sigh, there's always one.

I am STILL waiting for the ID for this one!!!

:lol:

Sean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:22 pm 
Penguin

long distance spinner/boomerang card of death/whatever it's called. anytime i have some cards someone says "do the one where you shoot the card in the air." that's all they ever remember.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:09 pm 
Penguin

eostresh wrote:
eldeeder wrote:

Where did you say you got the "Gimmick" for that effect? I recall you mentioning it before but I just finished searching a few home brew websites and couldn't find any.

I wouldn't even call it a "gimmick." It's just a bottle capper that you need.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products ... rodID=4765

It's actually a REALLY easy trick. You just put a duplicate card in the bottle, and then force the card on them. I am a bartender, so I always know what I have stocked. The time I did it as a bar patron is somewhat unique. It's a small town bar in South Dakota. It's normal for me to go behind the bar when no one is back there. I had 2 people I know sitting right in front of the cooler, and they didn't even notice me slip the bottle in there. They actually got pissed at me. My FAVORITE reaction. All you need is a force card, a duplicate, and a bottle capper. Gently pop the bottle, stick the card in, and recap it REALLY quick, or it will foam over.

Obviously, my situation was unique. Quite a few things had to go right, but they did, and you can't imagine the reactions. Even when I'm behind my own bar, the reactions are unreal. I always use Landshark, it's a crap beer, but the bottle is clear, and not a twist off. Twist offs are actually much harder to recap. You can use other non-twist offs if you want, but if they are not from North America, you'll need an adapter. While bartending, this trick is easy, on the patron side it's all audience management, or a bartender you know as a partner. I even have a waitress that can forge a signature, bottle the card, and stock the cooler while this is all going on. The card doesn't have to be signed, but the reactions are so much better.

People have told me on here to not explain my tricks. I created this one, love it, and want to share it with my Penguin Friends.

People love this one. People have accused me of ordering premade Landsharks. People have accused me of having a deal with satan. Grab the bottle capper, use your favorite card force, and just enjoy the reactions. It's so easy. The rest is just theatrics.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:47 pm 
born to perform.

eldeeder wrote:
eostresh wrote:
eldeeder wrote:

I wouldn't even call it a "gimmick." It's just a bottle capper that you need.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products ... rodID=4765

It's actually a REALLY easy trick. You just put a duplicate card in the bottle, and then force the card on them. I am a bartender, so I always know what I have stocked. The time I did it as a bar patron is somewhat unique. It's a small town bar in South Dakota. It's normal for me to go behind the bar when no one is back there. I had 2 people I know sitting right in front of the cooler, and they didn't even notice me slip the bottle in there. They actually got pissed at me. My FAVORITE reaction. All you need is a force card, a duplicate, and a bottle capper. Gently pop the bottle, stick the card in, and recap it REALLY quick, or it will foam over.

Obviously, my situation was unique. Quite a few things had to go right, but they did, and you can't imagine the reactions. Even when I'm behind my own bar, the reactions are unreal. I always use Landshark, it's a crap beer, but the bottle is clear, and not a twist off. Twist offs are actually much harder to recap. You can use other non-twist offs if you want, but if they are not from North America, you'll need an adapter. While bartending, this trick is easy, on the patron side it's all audience management, or a bartender you know as a partner. I even have a waitress that can forge a signature, bottle the card, and stock the cooler while this is all going on. The card doesn't have to be signed, but the reactions are so much better.

People have told me on here to not explain my tricks. I created this one, love it, and want to share it with my Penguin Friends.

People love this one. People have accused me of ordering premade Landsharks. People have accused me of having a deal with satan. Grab the bottle capper, use your favorite card force, and just enjoy the reactions. It's so easy. The rest is just theatrics.

Hey thanks. I remember you posting about this one a while back. Called it a "Gimmick" as a joke...but also out of respect for your method. Thanks for sharing that one. Here in Korea there are no "twist" off bottles. Not even Bud! While I doubt I'll get access behind a bar many we have lots of get to gethers where the beer is left in coolers. I plan on using this one a fair bit. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:41 pm 
Penguin

I do Dr. Daleys. I do it John Bannon-style... in the spec's hands. I love it.

But the thing, for me, that they still talk about is John Bannon's Duplicity. That one's a shocker when their card winds up the one ace face up in the packet IN THEIR HAND!

Then when the other cards are blank. I love me the three reveal trick.

Duplicity is easy, ends clean and BURNS civilians. A magician knows what you're doing. But a regular spectator will get brain pain.

Also Triumph. That one they still talk about.

I also need to shout out for Howard Hamburg's Mystical 13. Sometimes I Dean Dill it and give it a blizzard-like ending.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:09 pm 
born to perform.

Siamang wrote:
I do Dr. Daleys. I do it John Bannon-style... in the spec's hands. I love it.

But the thing, for me, that they still talk about is John Bannon's Duplicity. That one's a shocker when their card winds up the one ace face up in the packet IN THEIR HAND!

Then when the other cards are blank. I love me the three reveal trick.

Duplicity is easy, ends clean and BURNS civilians. A magician knows what you're doing. But a regular spectator will get brain pain.

I'm thinking about picking either that or Royal Scam up for Christmas. They're both KILLER tricks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next