View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: The ACR....is it still a viable effect?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:55 am 
born to perform.

Well if that is the case then let me ask this. How strict does it need to be withing the confines of an ACR to be an ACR? Here is my example. I have a trick where I find a king, kill the king(gaff card), and go immediately into color changing deck. I then say that one of the cards must be the suspect for the strange happenings and launch into a man(card) hunt that follows the structure of an ACR but is driven more by patter. I often Jazz this one once I'm in the ACR structure. At one point I mentioned that a Card on ceiling effect might go well with this this routine. Someone, can't remember who, said that would kill the whole point of the ACR. I knew that card on ceiling and card through window would be a fine finish for this patter based routine and never really got why it wouldn't work for an ACR? So my two questions are, why wouldn't CTW or COC work for an ACR, and if it won't work for that but does work with my patterlines then does that mean my ACR structured routine is not an ACR?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:46 am 
born to perform.

People claim that if the audience thinks you can make a card jump to the top, then they can infer the method of Card on Ceiling. I don't do CoC, so I can't comment on how true that is.

-JT

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:04 pm 
born to perform.

Does it really matter what it's called and what other magicians think of it? When you perform a trick, you should only have in mind what the spectator thinks of it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:04 am 
Penguin

ACR is one of my staple card routines, I do it every show/performance/street walk-around. Probably already been said to death; but a little showmanship, talking and humor goes a long long way with any routine, especially an ACR. Try to make a story about the signed card, or just act surprise as the routine takes place, or do it in complete silence, using only body language to sell the routine. As long as the spectator has an open mouth in surprise, or says the classic line, "How did you do that??" then you've succeeded regardless of how it was performed.

ACR for life! :D

~Burkey