View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: good dvd on card cheating
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:06 pm 
Penguin

anyone know of any card cheating dvds that have thorough explanations of sleights and moves and such? i've been looking into some of them and it seems a lot of them dont really explain moves, they just show demonstrations.

Post subject: Re: good dvd on card cheating
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:38 pm 

Unfortunately, that's what most are. If they're not, they tend to be theoretical. Steve Forte's Gambling Protection Series is primarily a demonstration, but done from so many angles and overviews that, along with the ability to slow down the video, it's not too hard to understand the mechanics. Not to mention that those moves are legit moves from the table. The James and Ackerman Erdnase sets both focus on the book, but both have flaws. It's sort of become encouraged to mock the Wesley James videos, but I thought they were really good. The Ackerman set has quite a few explanations that were just too short or had horrible angles. Jeff Wessmiller's Weapons of the Card Shark videos included a lot of information that I don't think will fly. It's, in my opinion, a lot of theoretical advice that just doesn't look right. Sal Piacente has released some videos that, like the Forte videos, are primarily demonstrations, but include enough information to understand the techniques. Doc Jon released some videos through Whit Haydn and Chef Anton that talk about his real life experiences and included a few technical things, as well.

The real problem with "real world" gambling DVDs is that the guys that are really doing it, aren't coming out and teaching. Look at Erdnase, he was a card cheat that refused to use his real name. The only real world cheats that I can think of that have come out are Doc Jon, on his School For Scoundrels set, and Walter Irving Scott, who put his work in the book The Phantom of the Card Table.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:16 pm 
Penguin

thanks ex. ill look into some of those.

know anything about this one? http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorde ... hp?ID=5967

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:52 pm 
born to perform.

I just got Fast Company by Damian Nieman (the director of Shade) I haven't opened it yet but it seems like it might be what you're looking for.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:20 pm 

Fast Company is a great set. I don't know how I managed to skip that one. There's a lot of clear and concise moves taught there. One thing to keep in mind though, is that that set is focused on magic with gambling moves. He doesn't go into moving under fire and a lot of those things.

I've avoided the Keops set. I've just heard way too many bad things.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:48 pm 
Penguin

exodus wrote:
Fast Company is a great set. I don't know how I managed to skip that one. There's a lot of clear and concise moves taught there. One thing to keep in mind though, is that that set is focused on magic with gambling moves. He doesn't go into moving under fire and a lot of those things.

I've avoided the Keops set. I've just heard way too many bad things.

i see. me being the frugal (some might say cheap) person that i am i had my eye on the keops dvd but i'll probably just stay away now.
fast company looks awesome, i'll keep that on my list.