View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: English Laundry Playing Cards
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:43 pm 
Penguin

I just received my order of English Laundry Playing Cards that are being sold exclusively on Dan & Dave Buck's website. After opening a pack, looking at all of the really incredible hand drawn face cards and custom box design, I must say that I thoroughly enjoy these cards. Although they may be printed on Bicycle stock they really don't feel too much like a regular deck of Bicycle cards. The cards are somewhat thin but the great thing is that they don't bend quite as easily as your standard Rider Back's. The edges as well feel quite smooth which is nice, although I think the cards would have been a lot better if they had some sort of finish to them.

Regardless, these cards have been working out greatly when I incorporated them into my close-up routine, and these cards have received more wonder and awe, than any other deck I have performed with. So if you like to collect all sorts of different types of cards like myself, or just want a new deck to play around with, then I highly suggest picking up one or two. These cards have also been printed in limited quantity so pick some up now because it's not clear on whether or not they will be reprinted in the future.

Post subject: Re: English Laundry Playing Cards
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:00 pm 
born to perform.

HaHa..I just avoided buying them because they said it was printed on Bike stock so I assumed that they would perform the same. You say they do have a diffent feel and are a bit thinner? So much for my assumptions! I guess I'll have keep these in mind for my next purchase. Keep us posted on how they last.

Post subject: Re: English Laundry Playing Cards
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:32 pm 
Penguin

eostresh wrote:
HaHa..I just avoided buying them because they said it was printed on Bike stock so I assumed that they would perform the same. You say they do have a diffent feel and are a bit thinner? So much for my assumptions! I guess I'll have keep these in mind for my next purchase. Keep us posted on how they last.

I'm going to play around with them for few days or a week at the most, and then give some more insight on how much abuse these cards can handle and still work well enough for extended periods of time.

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on what I find out.