View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Boris Wild Marked Deck or Ultimate Marked Deck
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:57 am 
Penguin

I can't decide which marked deck I should get. Boris Wild Marked Deck or Ultimate Marked Deck? Does red or blue back make a different?
Also should I get the book "Hidden in Plain Sight" or the DVD "Miracles with a Marked Deck" to learn the tricks?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Boris Wild Marked Deck or Ultimate Marked Deck
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:39 pm 
Penguin

I have UMD and its not too inspectable, markings are kinda obvious for someone that knows where the markings are, can be ribbon spread though which is a good thing.
To be honest UMD is too overpriced for what it is.

As for the Boris wild deck getting that soon, so i'll let ya know.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:56 pm 
born to perform.

I love the boris wild deck. When you get used to the locations of the markings, it's so simple to use. I do not have the ultimate marked deck though so I cannot comment on which one is better. But I can say that I love my boris wild deck.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:00 pm 
born to perform.

Boris Wild marked deck is superb. It fails the riffle test, but that doesn't scare me. It is so simple to use with a little practice...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:32 pm 
born to perform.

Better stock up on those marked decks, because they will no longer be made due to new guidelines regarding how Bicycle trademarked designs (eg. card back, Joker, AofS) may not be altered. I've been reading all about it at the Cafe.

Gaffs such as Twilight Angels, the About Face jokers, etc. also cannot be done under USPCC's new policies.

Sean

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:38 pm 
born to perform.

Adammcd wrote:
Boris Wild marked deck is superb. It fails the riffle test, but that doesn't scare me. It is so simple to use with a little practice...

How does it fail the riffle test? It's marked on both sides for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:43 pm 
born to perform.

sean_mh wrote:
Better stock up on those marked decks, because they will no longer be made due to new guidelines regarding how Bicycle trademarked designs (eg. card back, Joker, AofS) may not be altered. I've been reading all about it at the Cafe.

Gaffs such as Twilight Angels, the About Face jokers, etc. also cannot be done under USPCC's new policies.

Sean

Well if they do that they will certainly lose a customer. There are so many decks out there that handle better, look nicer, and last longer...many of which are at or below the cost of Bike's. The only thing keeping me buying and using Bikes is the easy access to gaffs. I'll miss twilight angels but not USPC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:57 pm 
born to perform.

eostresh wrote:
sean_mh wrote:

Sean

Well if they do that they will certainly lose a customer. There are so many decks out there that handle better, look nicer, and last longer...many of which are at or below the cost of Bike's. The only thing keeping me buying and using Bikes is the easy access to gaffs. I'll miss twilight angels but not USPC

I'm making my own marked deck lol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:20 pm 
Penguin

oh wow surprised my package came today. Just had a look at the boris wild marked deck. Umm kinda dont know what to think bout it really, but its a matter of taste if u would like the boris marked deck or UMD more. Anyways i'll have to get used to the boris wild marked deck b4 i can give more of my opinion.

Edit: After some uses with the BWMD and UMD
I must say after using the BWMD that its much faster to locate and identify a card.
UMD is more of a identifier only, since much slower to locate the card for sure.

Hope this helps