View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: "Dark Light Deck"
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:06 pm 
Penguin

I thought about the many kinds of decks out there and thought to myself outside of gaffs and colors what really hasn't been done. This may or may not have been done(not sure), but here's the thought. You purchase a deck of cards labeled "Dark Light" the box appears blank on all sides...so you open the box and pull out the cards and to your confusion they appear blank on all sides as well. Your thinking to yourself "five bucks for this?" then while you're holding both the cards and box you walk by your blacklight placed above you magicians workbench and there it is. A deck and box that is only seen under a black light (and possibly glows too). So there it is an idea I've had after seeing so many decks out there.

Post subject: Re: "Dark Light Deck"
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:23 pm 
born to perform.

That would work for the 10 magicians world wide who do magic in a raver club. I can't see myself carrying a black light around just to do a card trick. Interesting idea though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:52 pm 
Penguin

Location: Hattiesburg, MS or Provo, UT Depending on the season.
Sounds like a pretty cool gimmick and if you get it built let me know. But I can't see this being effective for much more than XCM demonstrations as said above, in a raver club. I love the idea though. And yeah it seems pretty original to me. I've seen blacklight sigs and stuff on cards but never a deck like that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:49 am 
born to perform.

Nigromante wrote:
Sounds like a pretty cool gimmick and if you get it built let me know. But I can't see this being effective for much more than XCM demonstrations as said above, in a raver club. I love the idea though. And yeah it seems pretty original to me. I've seen blacklight sigs and stuff on cards but never a deck like that.

Didn't E have some UV gimmick for a while?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:32 am 
born to perform.

The Bicycle Tragic Royalty deck glows under UV light, not like I've had any occasion to ever use that feature.

Sean

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:43 am 
Penguin

Location: Hattiesburg, MS or Provo, UT Depending on the season.
Yeah but the Tragic Royalty Deck was still visible in normal light. The deck described here would only be visible under blacklight. I can think of a nice stage or parlor piece I could do with this, where the card is not only lost in the deck but completely invisible to me making it impossible to find, until I do of course.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:27 pm 
Penguin

i think it sounds awsome someone should buld it

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:09 pm 
Penguin

I know if you had UV stuff you could just make ur own but it would still look kind of cheaply made...I mean you made it it wasn't professionally printed on the cards themselves. That's where I see the line between cool effect and just a gimmick of sorts.