View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Masterful,Brilliant, Outstanding
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:13 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 19 Dec 2010
Posts: 83
IMO, this was a brilliant, masterful, and outstanding display of skill and cunning..

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/caught- ... o-14962814

First of all, to all those that say it is stealing, blah, blah, blah, the Casinos have a LICENSE TO ROB /STEAL. That is why all states and cities want casinos in their area. To ROB the people. When I was coming up as a kid, they had the bookies, number runners. It was against the law, but when the state saw that numbers just like casinos is pure dee stick up, they quickly adopted and called it a state lottery.

With all that said, the dealers in this play were masterful. They had to false shuffle over the head of skillful eyes. No easy feat. In fact, the dealer were all MASTER CLASS MECHANICS. They not only could perform to the highest order, the performed under pressure and under the highest scrutiny available. That is Master Class Card Handling!

I applaud them highly. However, their mistake was being GREEDY.

I recall one time when I was playing, and somebody was playing over top my head. I could put together a personna of somebody playing on me. If they fit it, then I would put them under tougher scrutiny which I am surely to find what they were doing over my head. That is what happened to this crew.

They did the hardest of the hardest, and that was to false shuffle up against card detectives.. However, their other moods, and the greed, gave them away..

If I was the casino owners that this crew played, I would not turn them in, I would hire them. 8)

Didn't mean to run it, but this is card handling of the highest order.

ceh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masterful,Brilliant, Outstanding
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:30 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 2753
Thanks for posting. Interesting thoughts as well. The media loves to spin crime stories as, "Look what this dumb criminal did." As you say, these guys probably were not dumb....just greedy. (which I suppose is its own kind of stupidity) I think after 7 million I would have found a less risky line of work!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masterful,Brilliant, Outstanding
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:03 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 19 Dec 2010
Posts: 83
eostresh wrote:
Thanks for posting. Interesting thoughts as well. The media loves to spin crime stories as, "Look what this dumb criminal did." As you say, these guys probably were not dumb....just greedy. (which I suppose is its own kind of stupidity) I think after 7 million I would have found a less risky line of work!


Yup, Greed did it.

I was amazed at the skill level of the dealers. To be able to excute "out of sight" over professional card detectives rates to a level past beyond. My teacher/mentor told me of a mechanic that was able to pull seconds pass card detectives, but IMO, that was an exception not the norm.

This crew were caught because of their persona.
Back in my day/times, some times I have to fake a loss, or really lose sometime. People will put constant winners under the microscope.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masterful,Brilliant, Outstanding
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:25 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 09 Jun 2009
Posts: 402
I was expecting something a bit more oriented towards magic. Some sleight of hand, something. This was all done with math. It honestly has little to do with magic.

ArchAngel_G


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masterful,Brilliant, Outstanding
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:17 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 19 Dec 2010
Posts: 83
ArchAngel_G wrote:
I was expecting something a bit more oriented towards magic. Some sleight of hand, something. This was all done with math. It honestly has little to do with magic.

ArchAngel_G


Are you blind and deaf, or both?

Done with math? Oh, can't read either... :lol:

This was about SLEIGHT OF HAND, to the highest order, if you know what that means.

There was SLIGHT OF HAND done pass some of the most serious and dedicated card detectives on the face of the earth. That is pretty high order. That is why I posted it. They passed muster on that, if you care to READ. In the article and vid that state FALSE SHUFFLE numerous times. Do you know what a FALSE SHUFFLE IS, and how it can be excuted when you have TRAINED EYES looking right at you. And to do it in a way, that nobody suspects anything??

It would have been better for you to say, I DON'T UNDERSTAND, than to say what you said in your post, and let everybody know that you DON'T HAVE A CLUE.. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masterful,Brilliant, Outstanding
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:38 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 09 Jun 2009
Posts: 402
cehowardrc51 wrote:
ArchAngel_G wrote:
I was expecting something a bit more oriented towards magic. Some sleight of hand, something. This was all done with math. It honestly has little to do with magic.

ArchAngel_G


Are you blind and deaf, or both?

Done with math? Oh, can't read either... :lol:

This was about SLEIGHT OF HAND, to the highest order, if you know what that means.

There was SLIGHT OF HAND done pass some of the most serious and dedicated card detectives on the face of the earth. That is pretty high order. That is why I posted it. They passed muster on that, if you care to READ. In the article and vid that state FALSE SHUFFLE numerous times. Do you know what a FALSE SHUFFLE IS, and how it can be excuted when you have TRAINED EYES looking right at you. And to do it in a way, that nobody suspects anything??

It would have been better for you to say, I DON'T UNDERSTAND, than to say what you said in your post, and let everybody know that you DON'T HAVE A CLUE.. :lol:
The focus of the video was counting cards. The reference to the movie The Hangover and 21 were both emphasizing that. They mention a false shuffle once (I had to rewatch it because I had overlooked it). Obviously they weren't THAT good, because they were caught.

You might want to work on your tone. This is hardly worth getting upset over.

-ArchAngel_G


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Masterful,Brilliant, Outstanding
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:37 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 19 Dec 2010
Posts: 83
ArchAngel_G wrote:
The focus of the video was counting cards. The reference to the movie The Hangover and 21 were both emphasizing that. They mention a false shuffle once (I had to rewatch it because I had overlooked it). Obviously they weren't THAT good, because they were caught.

You might want to work on your tone. This is hardly worth getting upset over.

-ArchAngel_G


In all due respect ArchAngel, the focus of the video was not about counting cards. Card counters are well known. This was about being able to manipulate the cards "out of sight". i.e. false shuffle. You only SHUFFLE ONE TIME PER DEAL. So, how many times they have to mentioned that the players were false shuffling and getting passing all scrutiny?

Also, my dear friend, card counting and false shuffling are two different animals. False shuffling requires skill, the more the spotlight, the more skill. I think everyone would agree that in a casino operation, all dealers are under the tightest microscope going.

You said you don't see the relation to magic??????

Well, my dear uninformed friend. False shuffling is sleight of hand. To do something in plain view that is not what it seems. Seems to me that Magic shares that same trait. :) Magic uses cards a lot, and as I said, false shuffling too.

Then after you couldn't figure out the connection, you say they weren't that good because they got caught!! Spare me..

They didn't get caught because their sleight of hand was detected, they got caught because they were winning too much, and was put under a tighter microscope, and finally they were caught.

I apologized if my tone offended you. However, the truth of mattters is always hard to accept. :)

Also, try to understand what you read, hear and see a little more. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.