View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Magic Cards
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:28 am 
Penguin

Hi again all! I am so glad your help about magic dvd:s! But now i want to ask for your expertise about magic cards. I'am gonna get Invisible Deck, but dont know, are these decks worth for buying: Elminator Deck by Adrian Sullivan Alakazam, The Ultimate Koran Deck, Svengali Deck and Striper Deck. So, have these decks similar effects or is worth to buy them all? Or is there some better this kind decks? Thanks !

Post subject: Re: Magic Cards
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:54 pm 
Penguin

In my opinion, when you have multiple gaff decks, it becomes difficult to manage bringing them in and out with other decks. Not to mention the handling on them tends to be quite different than the way you handel a normal deck. But when deciding what decks you should/shouldn't use, look at the effect. If you can see yourself doing the effect, it may be worth investing time in.

You can use deck switches and other subtleties to bring them in and out. I use an invisible deck for example, but this is typically after I have done a transition effect with coins or some other prop with a time delay so the audience doesn't always remember I put my deck in my left pocket rather than my right. This is the full extent of the gaff decks I use. (Does not include gaff cards, which I have been working on incorperating.)

-ArchAngel_G

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:42 pm 
born to perform.

I have at one point used all of these decks. I currently use none--but i want to make another Invisible deck soon. It is a very solid trick; without a doubt it is my favorite gimmicked deck on the market.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:05 am 
Penguin

I got Invisible deck today and i just love it! It it just too amazing when spectator can think/choose any card and caboom, what card se/he named, is only one turned face off. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:17 pm 
Penguin

I want to ask you about reactions what you get with these two tricks: invisible deck and ambitious card routine. I have not used these tricks live just few times and I have not received very good rections. So what kind reactions people here get when do these tricks? What kind reactions i can expect these tricks? I know, very bad english again but hope you get the point. Thanks again!

And one question about The Extractor deck and gold edition, Should i get that gold edition or just buy the "normal" Extractor deck which cost 20 $ and gold edition 90$. It is worth to buying? And one question about wow 2.0 face up and down gimmicks. Is it worth to buy, if it ism which one is better? Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:16 pm 
born to perform.

Both of those tricks get me solid reactions every time. I do my ACR almost every time i pull out a deck of cards for people--people love it. I have seen many magicians drag out their ACR for too long though. 3 jumps to the top and the a card to impossible location is all mine consists of. Anymore and i find audiences get a little bored.
ID I don't do much anymore, but it was always a crowd pleaser. I feel this trick, more than some, requires a very solid patter. While I think that everything you perform should be well scripted, a card through window really does speak for its self. Something like ID could be done in a matter of seconds, i have seen it last as long as 10 min (prob a little too long, but it was entertaining for the most part.) I really like Bill Malone's presentation. Watch some different performances of it on youtube. Soon you wil have a great routine that works for you.
Hope this helped,
Alex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:30 pm 
Penguin

Now i have invisible deck, can do McDoland's Aces, Ambitious Card Routine + Wow for ending. Even these few tricks, i have amazed my family and some other people. And i feel like i'am a professional! *hah* And i have some other cool gimmicks like Stripper and Svengali deck, but dont use these much. And i have ordered in Penguin magic shop other cool gimmicks and i have very high expected values for these gimmicks.

But if you have some other recommendations for card gimmicks/tricks or meaby for non-card magic gimmicks. Thanks for interest and helping!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:30 pm 
born to perform.

In a Flash-Jay Sankey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:29 pm 
Penguin

I'am spent alot money to card magic, like over 1000€, DVD:s, decks, gimmicks, books, but i think it much more valuable for me what I've got them. At first my reaction was when the calculator all the bills together, i really think i'am such an idiot. Some people, e.g. my family think i am crazy if they know. And other people too. I have not even received nearly all the gimmicks what i have ordered in penguin magic, but i know, they will be something amazing. Hopefully i'am not gone too far spending money for magic, but i think thats my thing, what i really want to do for hobby so now i think, i'm not gone too far. I dont know what you think about my spending, but that's what it is that good is worth paying for. I love reactions what I've been get now these few amazing tricks, and cant wait when i get other gimmicks like Extractor, Panic, In a Flash-Jay Sankey and The Pandora System. I have so very high expected values, and hope, dont get disappointment. Thanks for reading and helping me. And finally, i'm really interested about your opinion my spending, do you think i'am such an idiot and go to far my hobby? And for interest, if you want to tell, how much you are spended money to magic?

- Developed into a magician who wants to develop more