View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Uprising by Richard Sanders...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:27 pm 
Penguin

Has anyone bought Richard Sanders new DVD titled UPRISING? I'm just curious as to your thoughts on it. Mine is in the mail and won't be here untilext week, at which time I will return to this post and write a review. New and novel card rises are hard to come by, especially gimmick-less ones. Uprising is only $20 and comes with a dvd and a cloth, that's a pretty good deal.

A lot of card rises can become haunted decks (using the same methods), when the deck is laid horizontally, and vice-versa.

I've been following Richard's work for about the last 25 years, he's always been a very creative thinker. He an Jay Sankey wrote a (very rare) book titled WHEN CREATORS COLLIDE back in the mid-80s, there's some really good magic in it. Hopefully the material from that book was transfered over to those new Sankey encyclopedias (which I'm saving up for). I predict there will be a new volume in that series about every ten years, Sankey is a magic idea machine.

Update: I just talked to a friend who bought Uprising. He said considering the amount of thought that went into this trick it's easily worth three times the $20 asking price. I was taken aback as this guy is a maniacally depressed bi-polar a****le who never has a nice word to say about any trick or dvd he buys.

Post subject: Re: Uprising by Richard Sanders...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:50 am 
Penguin

I got UPRISING in the mail last evening and was up all night practicing it. It uses a sleight-of-hand technique to cause the card(s) to rise. Don't let that scare you away, it's a very simple sleight that practically any card worker worth his bread and butter can do. I don't want to tip the sleight in any way, just take my word on this. I fooled everyone I showed it to ten minutes after watching it (it's 60 minutes). To be fair I am a seasoned card worker and had practiced the required sleight for decades. The sleight is normally used as a card control.

If that hasn't convinced you to buy, read on. UPRISING uses NO gimmicks whatsoever, none!

Any deck can be used, so it's perfect for those "Do a trick for us" moments.

The card(s) can be signed, multiple selections can be used. And I haven't even got to the best part yet:

ALL of the chosen and signed cards rise out of the CENTER of the deck...that's right, an UN-gaffed deck and the chosen cards rise out of the CENTER OF THE DECK.

If you happen to know a stack and a control (read: pass) you could potentially have ANY CARD CALLED FOR RISE OUT OF THE CENTER OF A UNGAFFED DECK!!!

Can you say "Shades of Hooker...in the hands"?

It doesn't get much better than this. I've been in magic for over 45 years, at one time or another I've owned every marketed rising card trick. Further, I've built all the methods from Tarbell and Greater Magic. I cannot remember ever seeing anything as clean as Richard Sanders UPRISING.

...and it's only $20...what are you waiting for?