View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 2 Card Monte Ending...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:00 pm 
Penguin

About the 'move' at the end... i just get nervous every time i do it to pple. Is there a fool proof way to pull it off? esp when performing for more than one person, cos i do notice some pple just keep staring at your deck. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:08 pm 
born to perform.

Look at them, don't look at hands. Practice the move so you can do it instantly without a sound and without stuttering. Use misdirection. Say "Without looking what card is in your hand?" Then make the switch. People will look where your eyes are looking. If you look them in the eyes, they will look at you as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:38 pm 
Penguin

Yeah if you look in their eyes and say something they will look back at you. Now also when you do the change right after you do it bring the deck forward as if you are pointing at the card in their hand. I hope this helps.

Post subject: .....
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:10 pm 
Penguin

i made a post about this in another section, and i have found a different way to do the trick, that has the exact same result and reaction, it is just ten times easier......pm me if you want the help....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:26 pm 
Penguin

Where can I learn to do this trick? Is there a video or demo around? Any help much appreciated. Thanx!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:30 pm 
Penguin

the dbiberman way is great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:09 pm 
born to perform.

Oh man, I had the guys in the kitchen screaming when I did this tonight. You just got to let it build up a lot. It was great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:42 pm 
Penguin

I started ending it with a second trick where I "teach" them how to do it. I do the second time with the cards face up, and at the end they look at me like i'm nuts because they are holding what they think are the same two cards. but they flip them over and the backs are different colors. Haha, combined it gets an even bigger reaction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:05 am 
Penguin

search on the web for 2 card monte, it is taught somewhere out there, it's one of the best tricks around,amazing reactions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:03 am 
born to perform.

jlaforgia wrote:
Where can I learn to do this trick? Is there a video or demo around? Any help much appreciated. Thanx!!

do a search on google.com you will find it everywhere!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:53 am 
born to perform.

ghen55555 wrote:
jlaforgia wrote:

do a search on google.com you will find it everywhere!

With really horrible explanations on exposure sites.

Its real name is Be Honest, What is It by Eddie Fechter.

Practice it in the dark or with your eyes closed. Maintain eye contact with the spectator. Keep all the attention on the card he is holding. It is quite easy to pull off - it just takes a split-second of misdirection. I have done this many times surrounded and no one has questioned me. Keep confidence in yourself in your ability to pull it off. If you are nervous and you show it, you will draw attention to the fact that you are going to pull a really gutsy move off. (it's not really that gutsy but...)

Keep the hand holding the switched card stationery after pulling off the move, while your other hand (holding the deck) moves forward, gesturing towards the card in the spectator's hand. It solves many angle problems, and it covers up the switch of the move.