View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:26 am 
Penguin

B_Magic wrote:
Blaiky wrote:
The DL is near impossible to get off flawlessly. If someone knows about it, they will, almost definately see it...

I never have that problem. The double takes work...but there is no way I'd say that its near impossible to get off flawlessly. If you think that, its obvious that you need to take your double back to the drawing room as well...LOL.

Basically, if someone suspects that you are doing a DL (and isn't a magician themselves) then it is because you tipped them off to it somehow. Think about it, if really did just turn over one card in any other trick, do you have everyone constantly saying your turning over two??? No. That's how your double has to look. No one has a reason to even think two cards unless you have given them a reason to think that. Otherwise, all card tricks people would accuse you of turning over two!

If a magician can see it, then why can't a layman who knows that lifting two cards of the deck is often used in magic? You are clearly implying that magicians may suspect you of double lifting, yet you say it can be performed flawlessly. If you think that, its obvious that you need to take your double back to the drawing room as well...LOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:49 pm 
Penguin

My advice: find 2 or 3 ways of doing your double. Watch Tv or read a book, and do it over and over. It's the easiest thing to practice every day of your life.

Also, I've read that Eugene Burger doesn't use effects requiring a DL because it never looks natural. I buy that a bit. But, there are plenty of reasons for a magician to turn a card over in a strange way... to display to the audience, because you're flashy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:19 pm 
Penguin

geez, i just thumb count. Daryl's ambitious card dvd has the snap double, which is perfect.

I also use many others.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:13 am 
Penguin

Okay, one thing everyone seems to be missing here is context. It could very well be that he is performing the DL flawlessly, but inside the context of the trick, he is being caught.
If you can DL perfectly, and you simply do a top card "switch", then even after the lift has been performed, the Spec will say that you just lifted 2 cards. It's simple common sense and something that has to be watched over just as much as technique.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:20 am 
born to perform.

tiamaster wrote:
Okay, one thing everyone seems to be missing here is context. It could very well be that he is performing the DL flawlessly, but inside the context of the trick, he is being caught.
If you can DL perfectly, and you simply do a top card "switch", then even after the lift has been performed, the Spec will say that you just lifted 2 cards. It's simple common sense and something that has to be watched over just as much as technique.

As much is it pains me to say this.....and it reallly is painful...

I.......*gulp*......agree with tiamaster....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:18 am 
Penguin

Adammcd wrote:
The last thing you ever expected should have been the first.

:wink: