View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Card Brands
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:08 pm 
Penguin

Hey I want to know what y'all think of the brands of cards. Personally I think that Bicycle is the best. Their slipperyness seems to last the longest, and I just like the way they look. And I'm also thinking that Aviator is one of the worst, cuz like the same day I got a new deck the slipperyness was already wearing off. Now, 5 days later, they clump like a 50 year old deck.

Post subject: Bicycle
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:18 pm 
Penguin

I have to agree. Bicycle in my opinion are by far and wide the best. The reason I say that is because it is also the most widely used by non-magicians. therefore, when they see a bicycle deck, many of them naturally think: "hey, thats a real deck of cards", when in many cases, it isn't. With bicycle's white border around the card, it makes for easy card manip too (like with double sided cards). And the plastic coating on them makes them last a good long time.

Yup, bicycle is definitely my fav.

-bludvipr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:11 pm 
Penguin

Bicycle is my brand. i have so many decks of them its not even funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:02 am 
born to perform.

My favorites are Tally Ho's. The feel is amazing and they last longer than bicycles. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:16 am 
born to perform.

My Favorites For Everyday Use Is Bicycle. My Favorite For Gambling Effects I Use Bee. Once In A While I Will Break Out A Tally-Ho Deck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:27 am 
born to perform.

Well, thats what i usually do Smar99, because people are accustomed to seeing bicycles...but i really like tally ho's... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:24 am 
Penguin

Bicycle. Purely Bicycle. I have... Hmm... Let me see... *Goes to check* *returns* 10 Bicycle decks, 3 of them gaffed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:52 am 
born to perform.

Location: Maybe it's this long so I can put my entire address, incase anyone sends free stuff, send stuff HERE
Personally, I have a dollar store brand plastic coated cards, and I got them over a year ago, and they're STILL slippery. I absolutely love them. And because we just moved, I can't find the box with my cards, I have to use them. I also find Maverick's to be very good cards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:20 pm 
Penguin

I use Tally Ho No. 9s. I have tried Bikes several times but keep coming back to Tallys ---- I have always liked the feel of these cards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:29 pm 
Penguin

Bikes all the way unless the white edges are throwing your balance off. In those FEW instances I'll go for Bees

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:16 pm 
Penguin

I no longer believe that "bikes" are the standerd like everyone makes them out to be. They are the standard amoung magicians perhaps.When I go into people houses I see all sorts of decks and if you look too, you will see the same.

What matters is your performance ability and how you entertain, not what brand of cards you use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:13 pm 
Penguin

I think the Ace of Sapdes in the Tallys is the best looking Ace out there. It's another reason to use Tallys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:32 pm 
Penguin

I personally love tally's and bike's and despise bee's
this is because the bees back makes it very hard to do card tricks where you need to hide face up behind face down... it shows through cause there's no border, also I think that they have a horrible feel, they are too flimsy and slippery! also it looks ugly when fanning.

tally's are my all time fave cause They are very strong and sturdy and everyone thinks it is a fake deck... very funny! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:01 pm 
Penguin

I use Tallys for everything except the 3-Card Monte. For that, I use Bees. I use the ace of spacde and two jokers. There is a lot of good patter that can be incorporated in the routine with Bees because of the graphics on the ace and the jokers. Plus, for 3-Card Monte, you don't really want to use cards with white boarders on the back because it makes the hype more detectable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:14 am 
Penguin

Bicycle is by far the best. Slippery lasts, great design, very cheap. And most trick decks are made in bicycle.