View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: dry hand problem
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:33 pm 
Penguin

I've got this problem with my dry skin making it difficult to do sleights. My hands are too slippery on the cards. If I get them a little wet it helps, but water or regular moisturizing cream doesn't last through a routine. Are there any products out there that will help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:45 pm 
born to perform.

yeah go to e-l-l-u-s-i-o-n-i-s-t and there is some kind of spray called golden touch or something

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:25 pm 
Penguin

When I perform, I'm naturally a little nervous for the first few minutes, so the perspiration on my hands makes the handling perfect ^_^

Near the end of my show, I'm so into the swing of things, the sleights just happen naturally.

Speedy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:30 pm 
born to perform.

Ya I hate sometimes when I'm doing a card trick my hands get sweaty and it is uncomfortable and I feel sloppy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:04 am 

Check any office supply store for a product called SortKwik. I use this stuff all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:50 am 
Penguin

Also at office supply stores is a gel that bank tellers use to help count money called 'Paper Creme' made by the 3M company.

Or if you're looking for home made remedies, you can try equal portions of 'Glycerin and Rose Water' and 'Rubbing Alcohol' (get this at you're local drug store). Apply at least ten minutes before you're performance.

Hope this helps...

mj

Post subject: Dry Handz Solution
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:53 am 
Penguin

:lol: Yeah dry handz can be a problem and dude I have the solution to your problem. Twin Labs makes a spray called "Na PCA". This spray is the same chemical compound that your skin produces to moisturize itself. Its greaseless and contains aloe and I use it all the time. IT's cheaper than that stuff the "Ellusionist " sells and I'll bet that it's the same. You can find it at most health food or GNC stores. Just spray it on and rub the problem of dry handz away![/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:39 am 
Penguin

Hi
I'm not sure what to say. i have the same problem . I suggest hand cream with aloe Vera and vitamin e. if that doesn't work, ask your doctor or a dermatologist. I thing this information is very useful to you...
Thanks You....

Post subject: Re: dry hand problem
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:08 am 
Penguin

Haha, I had this problem for a while when I first started performing. My nervousness acted as the perfect grip for cards and anything else. But as performances grew, the more relaxed and natural I felt; hence the nervousness left, leaving me with slippery cards and hands.

Here's what I did before a performance. It may sound very strange, but it worked for me. I would pull out the pockets of my pants and just spritz a little water onto them. Not so much they were soaked, but enough that the fabric would be damp for a long while. When I ditched/loaded something from my pocket, all I had to do was give a little movement with my palm over the damp spot and boom; instant grip. :D

I know, I'm weird, but that's just the on the spot solution I came up with when I worked professionally.

~Burkey