View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:39 pm 
born to perform.

i want to learn this so bad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:51 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of the Sluggo for U.S. President Committee
flight2 wrote:
i want to learn this so bad

Then how about you practice it. 8)

I've been working on this, starting yesterday. I got a small blister yesterday, and it unfortuanetly popped during school today, so I can't practice it now because it really hurts. It hurt enough with the blister, but it's horrible with a popped blister. :mrgreen:

I can get it up about an inch. I told my friend, who's also a magician, about it and told him how to do it. He says, "Oh, like this?" and pops the coin up about 5 inches into the air. Yes, that's right, on his first try. It was pretty funny that I couldn't even hold the coin, and he's over here like an expert *exaggeration*. It was beginners luck, but he's still doing about 3 to 3.5 inches. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:31 pm 
Penguin

Yeah, just practice man.

I was "fortunate" because around the time I was learning this I went to the Philippines. It was a 15 hour flight, so I practiced the muscle pass for the most part. Just like PJH I got a blister and popped it but I just kept going and it started bleeding and stuff.

Also, I only knew of the Daniel Garcia "quarters" routine then so learned with a quarter. A lot more difficult and frustrating, but worth it. It's a really cool effect and I'm glad I can now do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:43 pm 
born to perform.

hotmales55 wrote:
Yeah, just practice man.

I was "fortunate" because around the time I was learning this I went to the Philippines. It was a 15 hour flight, so I practiced the muscle pass for the most part. Just like PJH I got a blister and popped it but I just kept going and it started bleeding and stuff.

Also, I only knew of the Daniel Garcia "quarters" routine then so learned with a quarter. A lot more difficult and frustrating, but worth it. It's a really cool effect and I'm glad I can now do it.

The people sitting near you on the plane must have been thrilled! LOL

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:08 pm 
born to perform.

Muscle pass with a quarter is near impossible. At least if you want to get it more than a couple inches high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:50 pm 
Penguin

haha for real, and i havea hard time believing you practicing the muscles pass for the most part of a 15 hour flight, and a hard time believing you got a blister, then popped it bleeding and such and kept goin..but good job

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:23 pm 
Penguin

lol....yeah, in response to only getting a quarter a few inches high, it is true. i'm up to about, 4-5 inches, but for Danny Garcia's routine and other similar routines this is more than enough.

and on the plane....yes i did take breaks, but it was a midnight flight, and they showed the same movie twice in a row....

in regards to the bleeding, if you fight through it for a bit, let it heal, then try again, you'll develop a callose making a muscle pass easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:28 pm 
Penguin

hotmales55 wrote:
in regards to the bleeding, if you fight through it for a bit, let it heal, then try again, you'll develop a callose making a muscle pass easier.

..and more attractive for your spectators.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:28 pm 
born to perform.

elementblader10 wrote:
hotmales55 wrote:

..and more attractive for your spectators.

You know that a callose is just a toughened area of skin right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:44 pm 
Penguin

but you can sometimes see them.. you can see my guitar callouses

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:44 am 
Penguin

Flameheadboy wrote:
but you can sometimes see them.. you can see my guitar callouses

yeah i have those too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:10 am 
Penguin

hotmales55 wrote:
lol....yeah, in response to only getting a quarter a few inches high, it is true. i'm up to about, 4-5 inches, but for Danny Garcia's routine and other similar routines this is more than enough.

and on the plane....yes i did take breaks, but it was a midnight flight, and they showed the same movie twice in a row....

haha, you have a seemingly eslf centered name, but it makes me laugh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:21 pm 
Penguin

lol, yeah it does seem that way doesn't it flameheadboy? there's a story behind it that dates back to highschool and email addresses. but now i just use it for user names so that i don't forget! and because it's plural, people often ask me if i'm Edited or something....i'm not....or am i?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:23 pm 
Penguin

haha! i didnt even see that.. i guess i thought it was another five.. i decided im not gonna practice this all the time like i started too, im gonna learn other sleights first

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:43 pm 
Penguin

yeah, i would suggest learning other sleights first that are more "useful". i say this because the muscle pass can only be used in certain applications, where as other sleights can be used in a wider array of tricks.

but don't give up completely. i just have a good sized coin in my wallet and practice when i'm sitting in traffic or something.

good luck!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next