View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:12 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 20 May 2007
Posts: 265
Location: Missippi
yea, i practice this and a coin roll about the same, but my coin roll is considerably better than my muscle pass


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:53 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Posts: 393
Location: Hollywood, California
Jay has a new Muscle Pass DVD. It looks quite interesting.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1642


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:40 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 20 May 2007
Posts: 265
Location: Missippi
haha yea, i dont think i am going to gget it, though


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:27 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 3462
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Flameheadboy wrote:
yea, i practice this and a coin roll about the same, but my coin roll is considerably better than my muscle pass


Yes, but a coin roll is considerably easier to learn than the muscle pass. The latter of course, making my palm hurt for days on end when i was learning. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:00 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 26 Sep 2006
Posts: 3289
Location: The Shire
The coin roll is a better thing to learn than the muscle pass IMHO. It's something you can just do at a table with a quarter and people automatically look at your hand as if in a trance and go "How do you do that!?!" It's what i I call a "chill sleight" because I often do it subconciously while chilling with friends.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:46 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 20 May 2007
Posts: 265
Location: Missippi
haha, yea thats how i get people to approach me about tricks rather than me forcing it on them


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:42 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Posts: 877
Location: Canada!
Before when I did this, it hurt really bad and I got blisters easy. Now the skin there by the thumb is really tough. No pain no more. It's a thing in the past almost. On both hands too! I havn't had much time to practice it lately so now I can't really do it. I used to be able to get it about a foot and a half in the right hand and about a foot in the left.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:07 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Posts: 2571
kraynik wrote:
The coin roll is a better thing to learn than the muscle pass IMHO. It's something you can just do at a table with a quarter and people automatically look at your hand as if in a trance and go "How do you do that!?!" It's what i I call a "chill sleight" because I often do it subconciously while chilling with friends.


ok so im guessing that learning flourishes is better than learning sleights?
[edited]?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:26 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 3462
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
daniel116 wrote:
kraynik wrote:
The coin roll is a better thing to learn than the muscle pass IMHO. It's something you can just do at a table with a quarter and people automatically look at your hand as if in a trance and go "How do you do that!?!" It's what i I call a "chill sleight" because I often do it subconciously while chilling with friends.


ok so im guessing that learning flourishes is better than learning sleights?
[edited]?


What are you talking about? He never said anything like that. I think he's saying that lay people are more impressed with the dexterity that a coin roll seems to show than they are with the muscle pass. He didn't say that flourishes are more important than sleights, even though flourishes are sleights.

sleight
–noun
1. skill; dexterity.
2. adroitness in using the hands.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:05 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 26 Sep 2006
Posts: 3289
Location: The Shire
Daniel116 must have something against me, because he's puttin' words in my mouth.

Muscle pass is something for magic time. However, it's not constantly magic time. The coin roll is something for anytime, and it hints about magic, which is a great way to get people to approach you. It's more versatile, can be done in any situation. Except like funerals or something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:14 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 20 May 2007
Posts: 265
Location: Missippi
yo ucould do it in a funeral, just dont drop it..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:45 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Posts: 2571
u said that learning the coin roll is better than learning the muscle pass and i disagreed.

stop whining please


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:31 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 26 Sep 2006
Posts: 3289
Location: The Shire
If you disagreed, then you could have handled it like a sane person and stated the reason, instead of assuming a bunch of stuff and then swearing. Yeah real mature.

Then when I give more backup for my reasons, you say that I'm whining. If you want whining, reread your posts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:41 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Posts: 2571
"The coin roll is a better thing to learn than the muscle pass IMHO"
i dont understand why we're arguing
these are your words


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:16 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 3462
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
No one was whining, Daniel.

You're allowed to disagree, but you wrote:

"ok so im guessing that learning flourishes is better than learning sleights?
[edited]?"

Really, it's not necessary, and I think that a lot of people would appreciate it if you didn't try to act tough over the internet.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.