View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Putting Coins into Spectators Hands
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:10 pm 
born to perform.

So I've been wanting to perform some cool routines with coins but some of them need to have coins being put into spectators hand and I'm not exactly sure how it's done. I don't have anything that teaches this either. Can someone explain to me how to put coins into spectators hands without them noticing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:30 pm 
Penguin

Where have you seen an effect like this? We will need more information. Do you have a link? Are you talking about something like scotch and soda where a coin appears and disappears; or out of nowhere having a coin appear in their hands?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:33 pm 
Emperor Penguin

How do you know these routines are cool if you have never seen them done, or performed them yourself?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:42 pm 
born to perform.

xxcjtxx wrote:
Where have you seen an effect like this? We will need more information. Do you have a link? Are you talking about something like scotch and soda where a coin appears and disappears; or out of nowhere having a coin appear in their hands?

Ooh sorry, I'll tell you that now.

Alright so the only thing I have on coin magic is In The Beginning There Were Coins. Here's the link to the DVD: http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1581.

I'm not sure what scotch and soda is but I'll give you more information on exactly what I would like to do.

Let's say, for example (this is no real effect), I have a Loonie in my left hand and I am showing it to them. And I have a Toonie in my right hand that the spectator does NOT know about. I do a shuttle pass to the right hand and do not show them the Toonie. Then I want to put the Toonie into the spectators hand and I could make it look like it grew bigger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:57 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Loonie, Toonie, rice a roonie.......... :D You Canadians and your silly money names. I have no idea how to accomplish that though, good luck. Where's Exodus when you need him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:31 am 
Penguin

never heard/seen an effect like that... invent it and make some mula on the side... heh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:39 am 
Penguin

seriusly, gett som good coin dvd's, and book's, moderncoin magic j.b, david stone basic coin magic vol 1 and vol2, coin man walking and so on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:55 am 
born to perform.

xxcjtxx wrote:
never heard/seen an effect like that... invent it and make some mula on the side... heh

It's not a real effect. If you read the whole post, you would have seen that I said "Let's say, for example (this is no real effect),."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:58 am 
born to perform.

kallx wrote:
seriusly, gett som good coin dvd's, and book's, moderncoin magic j.b, david stone basic coin magic vol 1 and vol2, coin man walking and so on.

First, In The Beginning There Were Coins is a GOOD DVD! Second, does J.B. Bobo's Modern Coin Magic teach how to put coins into spectators hands without them seeing the coin(s)? And third, is anyone actually going to help him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:53 pm 
Penguin

google521 wrote:
kallx wrote:

First, In The Beginning There Were Coins is a GOOD DVD! Second, does J.B. Bobo's Modern Coin Magic teach how to put coins into spectators hands without them seeing the coin(s)? And third, is anyone actually going to help him?

I think what everyone is trying to say is they have no idea (neither do I) on how to get a coin to appear in someones empty hand without them knowing it. Scotch and Soda is the closest thing I know of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:25 pm 
born to perform.

alter003 wrote:
google521 wrote:
kallx wrote:

I think what everyone is trying to say is they have no idea (neither do I) on how to get a coin to appear in someones empty hand without them knowing it. Scotch and Soda is the closest thing I know of.

Ooh! You guys thought that I meant making a coin appear into a spectators empty hand? No, no, no! All wrong! Ha ha! Yes, it is kind of like Scotch and Soda where they think they have the brown coin but they really don't and it's another coin. Now do you understand?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:11 pm 
Penguin

google521 wrote:
alter003 wrote:
google521 wrote:
kallx wrote:

Ooh! You guys thought that I meant making a coin appear into a spectators empty hand? No, no, no! All wrong! Ha ha! Yes, it is kind of like Scotch and Soda where they think they have the brown coin but they really don't and it's another coin. Now do you understand?

Now I get it... Thats why I asked to clarify at first... I thought you meant out of nowhere because you said without them knowing... Look into some gimmicked coins such as scotch and soda maybe dime and penny and many others...

click coins in the shop section and just browse til you find the effect you are looking for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:25 pm 
born to perform.

xxcjtxx wrote:
google521 wrote:
alter003 wrote:
google521 wrote:
kallx wrote:

Now I get it... Thats why I asked to clarify at first... I thought you meant out of nowhere because you said without them knowing... Look into some gimmicked coins such as scotch and soda maybe dime and penny and many others...

click coins in the shop section and just browse til you find the effect you are looking for.

I don't need any gimmicked coins for the routines I want to do though. I just want to know how do you put coins into a spectators hand without them seeing the coins but knowing you put coins in their hand. I need to know how to accomplish this because I need to switch coins or add coins to put into the spectators hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:53 pm 
born to perform.

I'm not sure of the size difference in Looney Tunes (Loonies and Toonies) but the effect you want to do seems pretty easy to accomplish. Instead of a shuttle pass though, do a Bobo switch. That's less suspicious. Just make sure the spec clearly sees you have a regular Loonie. If possible, show hands empty before and afterwards. You can use change-over palms, wiped cleans, and ditches for that. You'll need good misdirection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:53 pm 

You may want to look into Geoffrey Latta. That's the guy that I saw loading coins into someone's hands nice and clean. Dave Roth also does this in his Shelled Coins Across. Pick up the NY Coin Magic Seminar volume 1: Coins Across for all you need to know about secretly adding coins to a pile in someone's hand. Well worth it.