View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Which DVD?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:10 pm 
Penguin

Im aout intermediate level with coin magic and i was wondering which DVD is better: In the beginning there were coins or Modern Coin Magic? I was also thinking of getting BOBO's Mordern coin magic Book. So which do you recommend more?

Last edited by magicguy808 on Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:15 pm 
born to perform.

I don't own either, but for an intermediate level, I'd say MCM. ITBTWC is more for beginners.

Although, if it were me, I'd probably pick up Revolutionary Coin Magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:56 pm 
Penguin

I'm not the best at coin magic, and personally don't own ITBTWC, but I heard it was very good for all lvl's of coin magic (begginer-pro)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:01 pm 
born to perform.

Take a look at the description of all the sleights, tricks and routines that are on the DVD:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1581

If you don't have a lot of material covered in the DVD mastered yet, then I would heartily recommend the In The Beginning DVD before getting Bobos MCM. Better yet, order both because Bobos is a great resource and it's only $10.

The DVD shows each sleight in greater detail than what is written in Bobos. You can't see the rhythm, angles and subtlety from a book nor can you hear the patter in sync with the moves. Jay slowly repeats each move several times so it is a great introduction to how they look once polished. Jay performs each routine for real people which gives you more insight on performing the routines.

Follow up with Bobo's MCM and it will provide you with a wealth of material.

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:44 pm 
born to perform.

tbwendt wrote:
Take a look at the description of all the sleights, tricks and routines that are on the DVD:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1581

If you don't have a lot of material covered in the DVD mastered yet, then I would heartily recommend the In The Beginning DVD before getting Bobos MCM. Better yet, order both because Bobos is a great resource and it's only $10.

The DVD shows each sleight in greater detail than what is written in Bobos. You can't see the rhythm, angles and subtlety from a book nor can you hear the patter in sync with the moves. Jay slowly repeats each move several times so it is a great introduction to how they look once polished. Jay performs each routine for real people which gives you more insight on performing the routines.

Follow up with Bobo's MCM and it will provide you with a wealth of material.

Tim

He meant the Modern Coin Magic DVD set, not the book.

But I'd have to disagree. It's not true to say that you can't learn the moves in Bobo's (book) without Jay's DVD. I actually believe it would be better to buy the book first, and if you REALLY think you need a visual guide, get ITBTWC. But it won't change the amount of practice you have to put into coins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:27 pm 
Penguin

DEfinitely Revolutionary coin magic. As soon as i started watching it i fell in love with it. The material on it is so great. I use atleast one of his tricks every time i show someone coin magic. But if you dont already have it get MCM first. Its like the bible of coin magic.