View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: is there any coin vanish that .....
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:55 pm 
born to perform.

is there any coin vanish that can be done clean? what i mean is you can show both hand emply and DO NOT require sleeves or pocket? and i am not talking about gimmick. i realize after i bought some coin dvd, all the vanish is either palm in another hand or put it in sleeves or pocket. i need a clean vanish that i can do with short sleeves and no pocket. anyone know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:03 pm 
Emperor Penguin

http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... highlight=

I havent seen anything "cleaner" than that.

Though the coin will have to go some where- hand, pocket, sleeve, gimmick. So clean is just based on opinion, and ones idea of clean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:02 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Bobos coin book.... string some vanishes together to make it seem as if both hands are empty.

Also, Carl Cloutier has an excellent coin routine in his Bill in Kiwi DVD.

Post subject: Re: is there any coin vanish that .....
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:30 pm 
Penguin

Mysterioushazuki wrote:
is there any coin vanish that can be done clean? what i mean is you can show both hand emply and DO NOT require sleeves or pocket? and i am not talking about gimmick. i realize after i bought some coin dvd, all the vanish is either palm in another hand or put it in sleeves or pocket. i need a clean vanish that i can do with short sleeves and no pocket. anyone know?

The last vanish of the Silver dream routine, can be done with no sleeves, standing up, and both hands can be shown clean. And the rest of the DVD is amazing, has alot of material on sleeving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:09 am 

Completely ungimmicked, in any clothing, with the ability to show yourself completely clean? Not asking much are you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:15 am 
born to perform.

Location: Ruby city next to the Emerald city. Bob is wearing the Emerald Sneakers.
exodus wrote:
Completely ungimmicked, in any clothing, with the ability to show yourself completely clean? Not asking much are you?
Well at least it gives someone an idea to come up with one. :lol: But can't think of any except the youtube vid above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:06 am 

My handling and psychology on the Spider Vanish meets those concerns, well mostly. I use a Spider Vanish, which ends dirty, and then show my hands empty through subtlety.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:52 am 
born to perform.

There are many vanishes in which the hands appear empty, but have a coin cleverly concealed. I'd personally want to use these, since there's no point in vanishing an object unless you can bring it back, right?

-Messiah Vanish
-Wrist Watch Vanish
-Gone
-Cranium Vanish (although it's near impossible)
-Stuck
-Devil Coin Vanish
-Harada Hold
-The New Era Coin Go

Although exodus brings up a good point about using subtle actions to make it seem like both hands are empty. For example I almost always conceal a coin with classic palm only. I can snap my fingers, gesture, pick up objects, or flip other coins with that hand. Those are convincers that it's empty, because a spec couldn't imagine that you can hold and coin and do those things so naturally.

You can use sleights to achieve the appearance of an empty hand such as:

-Backpalm or Backclip (goshman pinch)
-Downs palm
-Harada Hold

Also, there are ways for you to show both hands completely empty, one at a time, when you have a coin palmed. Change-over passes, Wiped Clean, etc.

I strongly reccomend you pick up Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, in which you'll learn a lot of these techniques.

Also, why are you afraid of ditching in the pocket? Do you wear gym shorts all the time or something? With a teensie weensie bit of misdirection, you can do a simple drop in the pocket, and then you're left clean as MJ's hands. Like I said earlier though, you'll usually get "now bring it back!".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:47 am 
Penguin

I use Sankey's Messiah Vanish + a really quick ditch... but that is into a top pocket... that always works for me anyways

Also why can it not use the pockets? Unless you're performing naked, then coin concealments can become very... uncomfortable if you want to end clean

Oh wait, how about that vanish where you supposedly drop the coin and pick it up off the floor that was in my first magic book? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:10 pm 
born to perform.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. Also, the "bluff" vanish where you supposedly take a coin from a handful of change...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:53 pm 
born to perform.

Fandango wrote:
I use Sankey's Messiah Vanish + a really quick ditch... but that is into a top pocket... that always works for me anyways

Also why can it not use the pockets? Unless you're performing naked, then coin concealments can become very... uncomfortable if you want to end clean

Oh wait, how about that vanish where you supposedly drop the coin and pick it up off the floor that was in my first magic book? :lol:

The vanish he is talking about, the one where you drop it, is a very good vanish that ends very clean. And you can make it appear under the spectators shoe; I know that In the Beginning There Were Coins, taught by Jay Noblezada, teaches this, along with many other sleights, tricks, routines, and pro tips. Check it out: http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1581.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:54 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of the Sluggo for U.S. President Committee
There's Greg Wilson's "All-Around Vanish" from his Off the Cuff DVD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:44 pm 
Penguin

RE: The All-Around Vanish - it's wonderfully natural and I love it, but I'm not sure it fits the criteria, as it needs a pocket...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:07 pm 
Penguin

I like to use subtleties. Ending up in classic palm when you supposedly ditched it, and then working your way to "georges trick" to bring it back. I don't know the name you all may knkow it by, but that's what it is called on a video from another big magic site.......I think everyone should know the one I'm talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:11 pm 
Penguin

The Hyponovanish, you can show both sides of your hands empty its on jay sankeys "no card tricks" DVD i dont really like it much the way you preform it is a kinda akward.