View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:23 pm 
Emperor Penguin

tbwendt wrote:
kraynik wrote:
Oh, well I still stand with my original post that you shouldn't need In The Beginning. I'm tired of the "I need a visual demo" excuse.

You can't actually be arguing that a written instruction for a sleight or trick is more effective than someone demoing it from a variety of angles, showing you the pitfalls, the subtle moves to sell the trick, the patter in sync with the moves, viewing the physics involved with the sleights, and seeing someone expertly execute the sleight, trick or routine to real spectators?

We use to learn magic just fine without dvds and vhs and IDs just fine.
I believe it was a great way to weed out the weak people, or the people that arent serious. Dvds and IDs allow any punk kid to "learn" magic effects, and thus believe they are magicians.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:42 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Modern Coin Magic is a great DVD set. If DVDs are what you are looking for, "David Roth's Expert Coin Magic DVD Combo (1,2,3)" are great, as well as "Revolutionary Coin Magic by Jay Sankey." Then after you have honed your skills, you might want to get "David Roth's Ultimate Coin Magic Collection," which is indeed "ultimate." You could also look into "Michael Ammar's Easy To Master Money Miracles," As well as "Coin Magic Made Easy - Roth"

Also "The Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights 1,2,3." After all these, you should never want to see another coin again.