View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: where to find morgan dollars?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:04 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 25
looking to upgrade to some bigger coins and the morgans seems to be the perfect size i'm looking for. i searched but couldnt seem to track down a topic

anyone know of a website that sells them used? i seen some of the goverment plated mint conditions reaching in the hundreds :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:16 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 37
Location: Marin Co. California
If you don't have a coin shop in your town, here are some places that I've found:

http://www.centercoin.com/coin_catalog/ ... atalog.htm

http://www.coinchannel.com/

The second place will only sell the cull coins (your cheapest option as far as silver dollars goes) in rolls. They price out to about $12 a coin, but you have to buy a roll of 20.

Also, don't forget about pawn shops and flea markets.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:58 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 23 Jul 2004
Posts: 2440
Location: NJ
or you can use washers. Tannen's magic camp gave everybody washers to practice coin magic with, and i personally like them better then actually using coins. (plus they are cheap).

Ben winter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:12 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 26 Sep 2006
Posts: 3289
Location: The Shire
curlyclimber222 wrote:
or you can use washers. Tannen's magic camp gave everybody washers to practice coin magic with, and i personally like them better then actually using coins. (plus they are cheap).

Ben winter


Yeah but why would you want to perform with washers?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:30 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 04 Jul 2004
Posts: 2107
Location: San Diego
Ebay


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:05 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 23 Jul 2004
Posts: 2440
Location: NJ
kraynik wrote:
curlyclimber222 wrote:
or you can use washers. Tannen's magic camp gave everybody washers to practice coin magic with, and i personally like them better then actually using coins. (plus they are cheap).

Ben winter


Yeah but why would you want to perform with washers?


Well, I meant you can practice with washers. This way you only need to buy 4 or so morgan dollars and you don't have to worry about losing them. Use the morgan dollars for performance, and washers for practice. I konw that there is a weight difference for most washers, but while looking in my house i have found some that are about the same weight as a morgan dollar.

Ben Winter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:21 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 26 Sep 2006
Posts: 3289
Location: The Shire
Ah. Yeah, when reading about the Miser's Dream in Bobo's, I felt a tear drip when the requirements said "22-24 well-worn silver dollars".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:52 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 05 Oct 2003
Posts: 1066
i never see morgan coin, is morgan coin larger than half dollar?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:34 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 23 Jul 2004
Posts: 2440
Location: NJ
^^^^^

Yes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:15 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Posts: 288
remf3 wrote:
If you don't have a coin shop in your town, here are some places that I've found:

http://www.centercoin.com/coin_catalog/ ... atalog.htm

http://www.coinchannel.com/

The second place will only sell the cull coins (your cheapest option as far as silver dollars goes) in rolls. They price out to about $12 a coin, but you have to buy a roll of 20.

Also, don't forget about pawn shops and flea markets.


I've bought fromCenter coin. Decent prices, but Morgans aren't cheap (Minted from 1878-1921). They give you an option to just buy any coin, so they pick, and it might not be in the best shape.
You should pick the actual year you want (newer coins are less expensive), and it will indicate what condition it's in. The better condition, the more expensive. For magic, choosing "Extra-fine" is more then you need. "Fine" would be ok, but CenterCoin doesn't list any.

Also, ebay is quite good, maybe cheaper for Morgans. I've received some nice coins, you just have to be patient.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.