View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: American Half Dollar/Silver Dollar
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:15 pm 
Penguin

Well, this is calling out fellow Canadian citizens (just because I dont feel like mailing to the states, too much hassle) I remembered that my late grandfather collected coins. Good coins. I have in my possession many american half dollars and silver dollars that I would be willing to part ways with. If you are interested in pm me. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:57 pm 
Emperor Penguin

That sounds interesting, but it would seem weird to me to give away my grandpa's coins. I don't know, I'm often over-sentimental, and I have trouble throwing things away (unless it's actually trash... I'm talking about old notebooks from previous grades, and just stuff that has good memories in it)... it would only make this worse if they were my grandfather's stuff. I'm very close with my grandpa, and he used to collect coins. If they do get passed on to me, I will never give them away. From what I've seen, he has many foreign coins, and at least 20 Silver Dollars. I haven't looked at them closely, but oh well. Anyway, I got really off topic... if you're really desperate to get rid of them, you can send them my way. :D If you're willing to send them to America, I can PM you my address.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:04 pm 
Penguin

My grandfather left behind tons and tons of collectibles, sports memorabilia, stamp collections, coin collections, etc. In fact he has all of his coins catalogued for sale anyways, I have prices on all of his coins. He just didn't sell ALL of them. Anyways, that is why i am willing to part ways. Following his prices he set out for them, I will sell the half dollars for about $10 canadian each and $30 for the silver dollars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:06 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Holy crap, $30 each. Nevermind. lol If I really want one that bad, I'll buy one from my grandpa. Well, it doesn't upset me as much since he was planning on selling them, anyway. Good luck selling them!

Post subject: Re: American Half Dollar/Silver Dollar
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:17 am 
Penguin

trobbins2584 wrote:
Well, this is calling out fellow Canadian citizens (just because I dont feel like mailing to the states, too much hassle) I remembered that my late grandfather collected coins. Good coins. I have in my possession many american half dollars and silver dollars that I would be willing to part ways with. If you are interested in pm me. 8)

I really like U.S. silver dollar coins, though i don't collect them i like reading info on those, recently found a pice of their history at: http://www.dig4coins.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:35 am 
Emperor Penguin

Seeing as half dollars are still in circulation, and are being minted, and are worth $.50........

$10 is a little steep for one. :shock:

$10 for a set of four would be fair. That is what I sell them for in my magic shop. It's a fair price for Canadians being that they had to be imported and border fees and shipping costs have to be factored in.

8)