View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pace...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:25 pm 
Penguin

Hey i was wondering mostly about coin magic, with pace.

i was performing "3 coin routine" from in the beginning there were coins.
and was wondering how long i should wait for audience to soak in the magic, after i pull the coin out of my sleeve and they go crazy should i take it in until they go silent to do the take vanish? or should i keep going even though alot of people are still laughing and stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:37 pm 
born to perform.

Perform at the audience's pace, don't make them follow your pace. Don't move onto the next phase of the routine until the audience is done reacting to the first. If you want to build suspense, go a little slower and have longer patter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:23 pm 
born to perform.

kraynik wrote:
Perform at the audience's pace, don't make them follow your pace. Don't move onto the next phase of the routine until the audience is done reacting to the first. If you want to build suspense, go a little slower and have longer patter.

Just a note on the patter part: uuhhh, as you might know, I also have In the Beginning There Were Coins, and for the Three Coin Routine, Jay Noblezada didn't put patter in to it, and when he explained it, he didn't say what to say.

I'm not saying to not make some patter up for it but, I just wanted to let you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:29 pm 
Penguin

whoops sorry this was one coin routine, and today, it didnt go over well :( i guess i need more more more practice.
i need to watch the dvd agian, i think i can win some admirerss with the coins across, i am so bad at magic but kids at school always want me to show them something. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:50 pm 
born to perform.

Then don't perform until you can do it well. Otherwise, you're giving them a bad image of a magician.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:07 pm 
Emperor Penguin

google521 wrote:
kraynik wrote:

Just a note on the patter part: uuhhh, as you might know, I also have In the Beginning There Were Coins, and for the Three Coin Routine, Jay Noblezada didn't put patter in to it, and when he explained it, he didn't say what to say.

I'm not saying to not make some patter up for it but, I just wanted to let you know.

Whether or not a patter was provided does not matter.
Books usually dont provide patter, yet thousands of people perform the effects with patter just fine.
You generally shouldnt use the ones given to you in dvds anyway. Just unoriginal and usually doesnt fit every one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:23 pm 
born to perform.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
google521 wrote:
kraynik wrote:

Whether or not a patter was provided does not matter.
Books usually dont provide patter, yet thousands of people perform the effects with patter just fine.
You generally shouldnt use the ones given to you in dvds anyway. Just unoriginal and usually doesnt fit every one.

I agree. I personally hate when I see someone perform a trick and they use the patter from the DVD, line by line. Argg it annoys me so much! Come on people, be creative!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:00 pm 
Penguin

Location: In some sweet limo, with a hot girl *wakes up and cries*
Agreed! As for the pace thing. You should look at the demo for greed. He changes it once and there fooled, he changes it twice and their stunned, three times they just lose all control, and as he does the last change the just FLIP OUT!

So yeah, everyones pace will be different so just wait until they are through there own little "moment of astonishment" then move on...

Hope this helps,

-Trix