View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:27 pm 
born to perform.

mmroczka wrote:
ok how much money do you make doing magic kid? I'm 15 and I can easily make make $800-$1000 a week in tips doing table hopping and birthday party's.

Ok for some strange reason I seriously doubt that. Maybe you should post a video of you performing so you can prove to Daniel and other's that you really are as good as you say you are.
I'm not saying that I don't believe you, but 1000 dollars a week?
That's almost like the 11,000 dollar lie. (I_was_born_toperform)
If it's true, what do you have to lose?
I think that both you and Daniel should take your argument out of this topic, and PM each other or something.
As you said,
let's get back on topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:37 pm 
born to perform.

mmroczka wrote:
daniel116 wrote:

while you pay 400 bucks for gimmicks (you lied about some of the prices, but it doesnt really matter...)

Nope, once again, you didn't look this up before you posted, every trick was sold here at penguin for the same price as I said...if you don't believe me then that's your problem, you can go look up the prices on penguin, but I'm not doing it (again). I have better things to do...

a decent copper\silver doesnt cost 8 bucks. a good shell can get to like 60 bucks...

daniel116 wrote:
i pay less than 10 bucks for a book that teaches me stuff that will get far better reactions than anything youll ever do.

SO WHAT? I am not saying that the black widow is THE BEST DANG THING ON THE PLANET! But it is worth getting if you really are a serious performer. And you've never met me, so how can you say your material is better?

you told someone whos just looking for some vanishes to buy that 250 dollars gimmick, meaning you think its worth 250 bucks just for vanishing.

daniel116 wrote:
lol, it makes me laugh out loud every time i think about how you advised someone who wants to learn vanishes to buy a black widow!

ok how much money do you make doing magic kid? I'm 15 and I can easily make make $800-$1000 a week in tips doing table hopping and birthday party's.
If you are good, and you know how to present yourself, then you can make money easily. So 250! is not a lot of money for a serious performer.

sure
so youre saying you can make like 50000 bucks a year? as a 15 years old? i seriously doubt it.

daniel116 wrote:
there are no words in the english language that can describe how dumb you are.

I can think of three.

Smarter

Than

You!

that didnt even made sense

daniel116 wrote:
stop wasting your parents hard earned money on useless gimmicks and get some skills, loser.

Oh, you think I'm one of those guys that sits around all day and doesn't have a job....that explains it all *sarcasm*. I'm not the one using my parents money, and I have mad skills (spelling included).

i go to school and i work for a proffessional magician on weekends, those are my jobs
please show me your mad skills.

[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:41 pm 
Penguin

Location: In some sweet limo, with a hot girl *wakes up and cries*
borntopreform wrote:
mmroczka wrote:

Ok for some strange reason I seriously doubt that. Maybe you should post a video of you performing so you can prove to Daniel and other's that you really are as good as you say you are.
I think that both you and Daniel should take your argument out of this topic, and PM each other or something.
As you said,
let's get back on topic.

O.K. Sorry. It's my fault I shouldn't have let him get to me...I'll pm him seperately.

SORRY,

-Trix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:43 pm 
born to perform.

mmroczka wrote:
borntopreform wrote:
mmroczka wrote:

As you said,
let's get back on topic.

O.K. Sorry. It's my fault I shouldn't have let him get to me...I'll pm him seperately.

SORRY,

-Trix

Cool.
Now back to vanishes.

In my experience, The Tunnel Vanish (from Bobo's) really fools people. Especially if you do a ditch and tap your hand with something. (exposure?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:45 pm 
Penguin

daniel116 wrote:
raven=21 bucks for a gimmicked vanish that requires sleeves... ill pass.

Okay, I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just don't want anyone to be misled by this statement. The Raven does not require sleeves. I wear my Raven every day(I love it that much), and I typically wear a plain black t-shirt and jeans. It's rare that I ever wear anything with sleeves at all. Plus the Raven allows you to perform effects in the spectators' hands that would not be possible with just sleights. I know I'm sounding like a Raven ho here, but again, I just love this thing so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:15 pm 
born to perform.

LlevasP2 wrote:
daniel116 wrote:

Okay, I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just don't want anyone to be misled by this statement. The Raven does not require sleeves. I wear my Raven every day(I love it that much), and I typically wear a plain black t-shirt and jeans. It's rare that I ever wear anything with sleeves at all. Plus the Raven allows you to perform effects in the spectators' hands that would not be possible with just sleights. I know I'm sounding like a Raven ho here, but again, I just love this thing so much.

I don't have the Raven, but my friend told me that if you wear short sleeves you have to have a button down shirt that is short sleeves? is this true?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:45 pm 
Penguin

borntopreform wrote:
I don't have the Raven, but my friend told me that if you wear short sleeves you have to have a button down shirt that is short sleeves? is this true?

Not at all. Depending on how you rig it, a button down can be easier, but I use the Raven with t-shirts all the time. On a couple of occasions I've gotten creative and performed with no shirt to play up the "nothing up my sleeve" angle(not in public, obviously, but in more casual social situations with friends and friends of friends). It's more difficult, and really impractical, but it can be done if you consider all the angles and think outside the box on how and where you wear the Raven.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:25 pm 
Penguin

I am considering the raven, but which one?

Reel Raven

Raven (ASOTV)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:00 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Get the original. I have it, and it's great. The Reel Raven uses a gimmick that I own from a different effect, and it can be a bit noisy at times. So once again... go with the original (As seen on TV).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:02 pm 
Penguin

Thanks. The Dvd worth it if you have a previous knowledge of shimming?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:03 pm 
born to perform.

mombourquette wrote:
Thanks. The Dvd worth it if you have a previous knowledge of shimming?

I think that you should probably be fine with just the gimmick,

IMHO of course

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:22 pm 
Penguin

Location: In some sweet limo, with a hot girl *wakes up and cries*
LlevasP2 wrote:
daniel116 wrote:

Thank you! :lol: Yeah the raven is great, there are a lot of neat effects that you can accomplish with it.

-Trix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:33 pm 
born to perform.

LlevasP2 wrote:
I know I'm sounding like a Raven ho here, but again, I just love this thing so much.

Best line ever