View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:50 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iUjLk9vl2w
For nyone who wants to know what the harada looks like.

... wow!

From watching the video, I'm pretty sure where the coin goes, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to keep it there!

Guess I'm just going to have to buy the darned DVD after I get my next paycheck. (Minimum Wagemonkey, can only afford 1-2 magic items per month, already spent too much this month.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:20 am 
Penguin

Quote:
I actually bought the harada hold dvd on ebay about two and a half months ago (give or take a week or two) for about 25 bucks. Anyway, i won it, paid for it, and it still hasn't shown up! Evil or Very Mad I've e-mailed the guy a couple times to no avail. Anybody know how to get your money back when an ebay transaction goes wrong?

You shouldn't buy it off eBay....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:03 pm 
born to perform.

well, like i said, i already did, but i just haven't recieved it and I doubt i will. But out of curiosity, why shouldn't I buy it off ebay?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:13 pm 
born to perform.

I would have to agree with taser, IMO "Fist time i have used that woot" Ebay just comes across as been dodgey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:19 pm 
born to perform.

Oh. Well, yea you're probably right. I thought he meant there was something morally wrong about ebay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:06 am 
Penguin

Yeah it kinda came out wrong.
What does IMHO mean??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:25 am 
born to perform.

acebrawler73 wrote:
Oh. Well, yea you're probably right. I thought he meant there was something morally wrong about ebay.
I would only EVER buy something from one of the users that has some sort of a "Store" setup,not some kid who has just got bored watching born to perform and just wants to sell it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:03 pm 
born to perform.

IMHO=In My Humble Opinion. I think. That's actually just my best guess after seeing it used a bunch IMHO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:33 pm 
Penguin

acebrawler73 wrote:
IMHO=In My Humble Opinion. I think. That's actually just my best guess after seeing it used a bunch IMHO.

I thought it was "In My Honest Opinoion".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:40 pm 
born to perform.

It probably is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:23 pm 
Penguin

Ok thanks. It has been bugging me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:26 pm 
Penguin

if it hurts than im doing it way wrong. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:25 pm 
Penguin

I got a great deal on the Harada Hold. I personally think it's really thinking out side of the box. Yes, it might hurt for sometime after doing it for sooo long. So does the muscle pass but we all love it too much to stop doing it. I love both the muscle pass and the Harada hold, they are two awesome sleight that are worth practising.

Not all coins work at first with the hold, so I took the DVDs advice and used a chineese coin for a long time and moved my way up to a U.S. half dollar then to an English penny.

So, if it hurts, let it hurt. You done it too much at the time and take a break for the day and start back up tomarrow unless you feel that you can continue. A chineese coin hurts more than any coin I found. In time you'll have an amazing vanish of a coin and can use it for many possibilities.
Edited Fcchief, No requesting PM's, please read the rules of the forum.
-Joey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:04 am 
Penguin

joey. I agree with you that if it hurts just stop for the day, no one is going to learn this slight quickly, there are too many subtleties to it. However i've been using some old liberty half dollars, but not for lack of trying to find a chinese coin. So my question to you is, where do you get a chinese coin like that? I have seen many, many magicians perform with them but i just can't seem to find one at any of the coin collecting stores in my area. And the magic store around here is never open, So if you know somewhere, please let me know.
And personally i don't find the english penny too difficult to hold, it's so light it feels like your holding nothing, but that can be bad when i forget i have it and make a big hand gesture and it goes flying. That happened to me in performance, I told the guy it was his watch that went flying, so when he looked at his wrist i grabbed another coin (best unplanned misdirection ever). I was laughing so hard that i could barely finish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:35 pm 
Penguin

The Chineese Coin that I use is the one from an effect that I have called "Leathal Tender." Very cool visual exchange trick of two coins. I use the Chineese Coin from that which is gold and black with a hole in the centre of it. I got it from my magic dealer in Toronto, Ontario. I'm sure it's the same Chineese coin used by many magicians. I'm getting 5 of them from here penguin. I would of had them earlier if it wasn't for a delivery mess-up. Oh well. When I get them, I'll let you know if they're the same ones I use to practise the Harada Hold.

Keep Practising!!
-Joey