View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Can you recommend me an effect
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:55 pm 
Penguin

I bought greed and it was really good. I am very good at performing it now but I want a new money/coin effect. I would prefer if it was not angle sensitive and something that does not require a lenghty set up. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:01 pm 
born to perform.

My recommendation: Modern Coin Magic by J.B. Bobo. It has a lot of good coin stuff for a very reasonable price. If you want gimmicked, I'll just suggest Scotch and Soda. Reset doesn't take long, but it can't be done in front of your audience. Some other good coin effects are Hopping Halves, Dime and Penny, and Coin Bite/Coin Thru Bottle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:16 pm 
Penguin

I recommend JB Bobo's MCM. Buy it, it's got hundreds of interesting things in it, and you won't be dissapointed.

If you want a gimmick, I suggest Hopping Halves.

Garrett

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:26 pm 
Penguin

i have bobo's and have had it for a while. It really helps with impromptu coin magic but i was thinking of something a little more mindblowing, that'll get similar reactions to..lets say, greed or fraud?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:28 pm 
born to perform.

A lot of the things in Bobo's can get amazing reactions if presented properly. If you're looking for something gimmicked, though, I'll recommend Scotch and Soda. Easy to learn, and there's a TON of things you can do with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:45 pm 
Penguin

If you liked Greed, then I recommend the 5 and 1 Transpo. It has ALWAYS gotten me excellent reactions. It's also inexpensive and easy to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:50 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I will be the 5th one to recommend J.B. Bobo's Modern Coin Magic. It is often referred to as the "Bible" of coin magic, and at only $10, it's a steal because of all the invaluable information within it. However, if you are from a different country, which I'm assuming you're not, or you're just don't like to read, you might want to check out Jay Noblezada's DVD In the Beginning There Were Coins. Many magicians here, including myself, prefer books to DVDs, but I honestly don't see the problem with learning from DVDs. Especially if you're from a different country, or have reading problems such as dyslexia. So look into these two sources, and decide which one will suit you better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:17 pm 
born to perform.

if you want new exciting stuff think about Dabid Roth expert coin magic. Its expensive tough. But if you have copper coins you may want to buy a copper/silver coin ( gimicked ) there is an insanely powerfull routine tought in Expert coin magic using this coin. Also tought, coins boxes, folding coins, coin shells and flipper coins.

David roth is THE coin mastermind so you will expect to find good coin effects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:25 pm 
born to perform.

Any simple matrix routine is, just that, simple, and very powerful when performed well. I think there is a matrix download on this site. Then again, you might already know one but if you don't then definately look into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:35 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Burleson , Texas , stop buying every new trick and Read some bloody books
a book

Post subject: Re: Can you recommend me an effect
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:31 am 
born to perform.

frummaceuk wrote:
I bought greed and it was really good. I am very good at performing it now but I want a new money/coin effect. I would prefer if it was not angle sensitive and something that does not require a lenghty set up. Thank you.

Get Digital Dissolve from Theory 11.

Brucelee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:45 am 
Emperor Penguin

brucelee2 wrote:
frummaceuk wrote:

Brucelee

That would work except Mr. Bayme has temproarily suspended sales of Digital Dissolve until he works out an issue with a Mr. Dusheck. I honestly don't know more than that, but I will post here if I do find anything.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:14 pm 
born to perform.

adjones wrote:
brucelee2 wrote:
frummaceuk wrote:

Brucelee

That would work except Mr. Bayme has temproarily suspended sales of Digital Dissolve until he works out an issue with a Mr. Dusheck. I honestly don't know more than that, but I will post here if I do find anything.

Hmm, I hadn't heard that. Keep us posted.

Brucelee