View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

What is the better buy for the 30 dollars
In the beginning there were coins 57%  57%  [ 8 ]
expert Coin Magic Made Easy Vol 1 43%  43%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 14
 Post subject: In the beginning vs expert coin magic made easy (vol 1 only)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:20 pm 
Penguin

I know I've been making a lot of threads regarding in the beginning but I've heard many mixed messages about it. I was wondering which would be the better buy. Also How are the effects taught on vol 1 of expert Coin Magic Made Easy?

thanks in advance And YES I have Bobo's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:52 pm 
Penguin

Expert coin magic all the way. The effects have met the praise of almost every coin worker out their.

-Chickenz

a.k.a. Chicken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:01 am 
Penguin

just a quick question what type and how many effects does he teach?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:24 am 
Penguin

Expert.

David Roth, he's THE source for learning your basics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:50 pm 

I've seen both and love both. Here's the thing about the Roth effects, he's a classy performer. His material reflects that. A lot of his material also uses a table. The stuff on Noblezada's video is shown on the street and is much more useful in the situations that a lot of the people here perform in. Also, the one volume from In the Beginning contains a lot more than the the first volume of the Roth videos. I learned all of my original coin stuff from the Roth videos, but if you're not performing near a table, some of this stuff just won't do you much good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:42 pm 
Penguin

thanks for your help guys. I usually do magic standing and I do have mcm so i think i'll try in the beginning. try out some other things later on

-will

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:55 pm 
Penguin

well, yeah like exodus said, if you want the same quality teaching as Roth, but tricks with not as much table usage, you could get Ammar's Intro to Coin Magic.
Beginnin is alrigh too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:12 pm 
Penguin

well Also I don't really need all of the beginning sleight slike classic palm finger palm etc. So thats why I was leaning towards coin magic made easy. I heard h e had some good routine but they weren't in the description so i don't know what the heck they are. I Know the series ends up in very advanced and probably more amazing tricks. I'm just extremely on the fence right now about what to get :?

but now that I think about it I'm still in school I'd be fine with table usage but a nice balance between both would be great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:44 pm 
Penguin

wheelson wrote:
well Also I don't really need all of the beginning sleight slike classic palm finger palm etc. So thats why I was leaning towards coin magic made easy. I heard h e had some good routine but they weren't in the description so i don't know what the heck they are. I Know the series ends up in very advanced and probably more amazing tricks. I'm just extremely on the fence right now about what to get :?

but now that I think about it I'm still in school I'd be fine with table usage but a nice balance between both would be great

You need to know how to classic palm and finger palm if you want to do un-gimmicked tricks.

Garrett

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:56 pm 
Penguin

no meaning I already know them as in i don't need to relearn them
but it could be good to see them done the right way so i guess disregard the last post i made

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:02 am 
Penguin

wheelson wrote:
no meaning I already know them as in i don't need to relearn them
but it could be good to see them done the right way so i guess disregard the last post i made

I have in the begining there were coins and David Roth's Coin magic made easy and i think that Roth's is much better. I really got better at my basic sleights and i also think Roth's is much more in depth. He also has some really nice routines althought he doesn't preform them on the streets or anything.
If you insist on not getting vol 1, vol 2 is also a good option, with some spell bound routines ins such. You also learn a different retention and click pass than Jay's style. I think Roth's is much much better, all the way through. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:05 am 
Penguin

wheelson wrote:
thanks for your help guys. I usually do magic standing and I do have mcm so i think i'll try in the beginning. try out some other things later on

-will

I don't know, Roth's effects aren't always near a table. It's just to make it clean that he adds lapping at the end, but that doesn't mean you can just ditch it in your pocket. But in Vol 2 though, he uses a cup in some of the routines, and things like that require a table.