View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: More on BOBO
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:55 pm 
Site Admin

Just a question, I do have Bobo's Modern Coin Magic book, hardback edition and have had an enjoyable time learning and reading it. I was wondering how many have gotten the so called DVD set?? Is it worth it? How is the teaching, video and sound quality? So if anyone out there owns this set could they put their comments here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:11 am 
Emperor Penguin

This dvd seems very limited with its reviews... meaning there arent many.
And I am going to guess you mean the 4 dvd set, by MM...

But I found a few decent ones:

--This DVD takes the learner from basic coin tricks to advanced. The quality of the video is excellent. The presenter does a very nice job of explaining how the tricks work and shows them from several directions (sometimes split camera) full speed and then more slowly. The tricks DO take practice, but the practice is fun -- almost addicting. Well worth the price

--If you've ever wished you could wave a magic wand and have a professional magician appear in front of you and tell you all the secrets of coin magic - HERE IT IS!!!!! This is a very exhaustive collection of all the great moves and routines presented in a very clear and easy to follow manner. The quality is great and the angles are exactly right for learning. You won't regret this purchase! I am completely satisfied with this excellent DVD set!

--Anyway, I got this dvd for christmas and I can utterly and thoroughly recommend it. I've had the book for some time but in the cases of several effects and moves I was unsure of how they were 'supposed' to look, or I didn't think they sounded practical, or even that they could be too old fashioned.

In some cases I had my hunches confirmed, in others I was pleasantly surprised. The teaching is good, the filming is fine (with just enough cheesiness to make it a proper instructional magic video in my opinion) and everything is easily accessible from the menu. For the price I'd say there's literally no other magic dvd that'll give you the depth of information here, go ahead and get it. Get the book as well, you can buy the pair for under 40 quid

Hope that helped in some way.