View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hi guys i'm new
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:46 pm 
Penguin

Hi, i'm Chris and although I have ordered from Penguin for a while now I am new to the forums. I have decided on doing coin magic and I was thinking about ordering In The Beginning There Were Coins, Bobo's Modern Coin Magic and just because I think it's a cool effect I was looking at Spun. Would this be a good order to start with cause I'm guessing I'll have quite a bit of material to look at, practice and perform between these three things. Any suggestions or comments would be awesome. Thanks in advance guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:59 pm 
born to perform.

In the Beginning There Were Coins and Modern Coin Magic are both excellent pieces of material to start you off. I own both and have so far, found them very useful. I think that you should hold on spun for now; you're going to get so much material from just ITBTWC and MCM. And since you're knew at coins, you'll be learning the basics first and the basics to anything are the most important.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:41 pm 
Penguin

Hey, thanks for the help. I'm thinking about adding something else to my order besides those two so instead of Spun what would you recommend? Have you heard anything with the muscle pass DVD or anything else that might a cool add on to the order? I know I said I was and the other things will have so much to start me off but I'm trying to add stuff to my DVD/Book library now while I have the money and won't have to get it later. Thanks again for the help and advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:40 am 
Penguin

definantly get Bobo's and In the beginning DVD,...i would definantly recommend Spun, it is extremely good value, and the teaching is excellent.

may i also suggest Jay sankeys Revolutionary coin magic, he offers some new twists on old sleights and tricks.

And lets not forget the Muscle Pass, i have found so many uses i cant even give you a set number, i would recommend learning this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:00 pm 
Penguin

Thanks for the help. I'm getting ITBTWC along with MCM and i'm also getting The Classic Series: Modern Coin Magic which shows some of the stuff found in Jay's DVD but also stuff found in Bobo's book. I'll get Spun and The Muscle Pass DVD after I finish learning and polishing all the basics. Thanks again guys and happy new year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:24 pm 
born to perform.

Fenderbass124 wrote:
Thanks for the help. I'm getting ITBTWC along with MCM and i'm also getting The Classic Series: Modern Coin Magic which shows some of the stuff found in Jay's DVD but also stuff found in Bobo's book. I'll get Spun and The Muscle Pass DVD after I finish learning and polishing all the basics. Thanks again guys and happy new year.

Alright man, glad I could help yah pick the right choice for you. Happy new years!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:16 pm 
Penguin

Yeah I also read a lot of good things abut Michael Ammar's Intro To Coins so I picked that up too. So right now I've quite a few resources:

JB Bobo's Modern Coin Magic (Book)
Classics Series: JB Bobo's Modern Coin Magic (DVD)
In The Beginning There Were Coins (DVD)
Michael Ammar's Intro To Coin Magic (DVD)

This will teach me a lot of stuff to start out at a beginner status and then i'll move onto to Stone and Sankey stuff after a lot of practice.