View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Free Effect: The Flesh and Bone Coin Vanish
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:28 pm 
born to perform.

The Felsh and Bone Coin Vanish

Effect: The magician displays a half dollar and lays it down onto his hand. He slowly closes his fingertips around it ande mere seconds later, with no funny moves whatsoever, the hand is opened to reveal the coin has completely vanished!

Set-Up: You will need to prepare a gimmicked coin for this. Don't worry, it shouldn't take too long. You will need:

A Single Coin
A Metal Hollow Pipe With A Diameter Slightly Larger Than The Coin
Peroxide
Glue

To begin, sharpen one end of the pipe as much as possible. Place the center of your left palm onto the sharp end and push downward, impaling your hand on the pipe... that of coursse means there is a circular chunk of your hand inside the pipe which should be the approximate diameter of the coin you are going to use. If you wish, you may bite down on a leather belt or wooden spoon during the set-up to increase effectiveness.

Carefully remove your left hand from the pipe and immediately douse it with the peroxide to ensure that the hand will not becom infected... The last thing you want is a hand infection, you ARE a magician after all!

Remove the chunk of your hand very carefully from the inside of the metal pipe and immediately clean it off before the blood dries. Once it has been cleaned, take a thin knife and cleanly cut away the excess of the chunk... leave only a thin layer of the actual flesh of your palm. Take this thin layer and Super-Glue it to one side of the coin, be as precise as possible. If needed, trim away any excess flesh.

You must keep this coin inside a very cold place, for example your freezer, so the flesh doesn't rot away. You want this coin to last for as long as possible! I also recommend sticking it in a small cool spot during walkaround performances as well just in case. You now have the gimmick and are ready to perform!

Method: When you wish to perform, obtain a subtle black glove and put it over your left hand to disguise the hole in it. To perform, display the coin at your fingertips, taking care not to flash the gimmicked side. If you wish, you may also start off with a duplicate normal coin and use any sort of coin switch to switch it out for the gimmicked coin.

When ready to execute the vanish, place the coin, silver side up, onto your right fingertips. Close your hand into a fist after doing so. Because of where the coin is positioneed on your hand, it will naturally turn over when the hand is closed and will have the flesh-side up, over a portion of your actual palm. Since the flesh is, of course, your own, the coin will perfectly blend in with your actual palm. Make some magical gestures and slowly open your hand to show that that coin has apparently vanished. It of course, is all an illusion. when reaching into your pocket for your next effect, ditch the gimmicked coin and you are clean!

Thoughts, comments?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:46 pm 
Emperor Penguin

That's gross...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:07 pm 
born to perform.

Also, If the thought of shoving your hand through a pipe scares you, my friend Liam Gray has submitted an alternative method to me.

For the preparation of the gimmicked coin, simply glue the coin you wish to use with super glue onto your left hand. Then take an Exacto Knife and cut neatly along the edge of the coin about half a centimeter into your hand. Now you have a a flesh piece the exact same size with no need for the pipe! Thanks Liam!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:51 pm 
born to perform.

What is the point of this post?

-JT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:52 pm 
born to perform.

Who would be crazy enough to do this!?! No offense but this is your worst creation yet. It's like something mad scientist would do! It's almost like you listened to the demo of the vanishing handkerchief and took Oz's explanation seriously! Does this sound familiar, "Do you know where it goes? You see there's a little pocket of flesh in the palm of my hand that it goes into, now if we just reach in there, the handkerchief is back! EWWWW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:58 pm 
Emperor Penguin

evanbishop wrote:
Who would be crazy enough to do this!?! No offense but this is your worst creation yet. It's like something mad scientist would do! It's almost like you listened to the demo of the vanishing handkerchief and took Oz's explanation seriously! Does this sound familiar, "Do you know where it goes? You see there's a little pocket of flesh in the palm of my hand that it goes into, now if we just reach in there, the handkerchief is back! EWWWW!

You realize it's a joke, right? A very sick joke, but a joke nonetheless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:04 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Sounds like something Criss Angel might attempt. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:14 pm 
born to perform.

Michael why don't you tell everyone what a superb magician you really are at age 14....

He's being funny!

Seriously, I have read the articles in Linking Ring. At least the Parade as done by you. I believe Dakota Rose wrote a profile as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:17 pm 
born to perform.

No, I haven't had a profile written by Dakota Rose yet, but I did have a Parade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:20 pm 
born to perform.

I just reread that parade a few days ago. I have some questions for you about the coin in glass routine actually. Can I PM or email you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:21 pm 
born to perform.

Please, do PM me. I apologize, I submitted a rather brief method explanation for that effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:22 pm 
born to perform.

No need to apologize...
I was highly impressed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:31 pm 
born to perform.

Thank you! Please, ask away!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:43 pm 
born to perform.

OK. Thank God it's a joke. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:32 am 
Penguin

JESUS CHRIST DUDE I JUST TRIED THIS. I HAD TO DRIVE TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM, YOU BASTARD. EXPECT TO HEAR FROM MY LAWYER!