View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Quarter Thru Soda Can aka Sinful
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:57 pm 
Penguin

Hey everyone again,

I am writing this because awhile back I noticed that there was the same illusion for the Quarter Thru Soda Can entitled Sinful. Now I've noticed that it's no longer sold by the name Sinful, but rather Criss Angel's version on DVD.

Now I'm positive it's the same effect, but I cannot stand Criss Angel in the slightest, and I'm kicking myself for not purchasing this effect when it was for sale by its original creator Wayne Houchin.

Is it still possible to purchase the illusion by its old title Sinful, or am I going to be forced into buy Criss Angel's DVD to add this amazing coin effect to my collection?

Because if it's the same thing, I'll purchase it and just have to deal with the teachings from Criss, and cringe while doing so, but the coin effect is so amazing I think I can manage.

I would appreciate anyones input on the matter, and thanks in advance. Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:59 pm 
Penguin

Wow, you're right. That's wierd. I don't know why Wayne wouldn't continue selling this by himself. I don't know what to tell you except maybe Ebay or Amazon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:21 pm 
born to perform.

It is the exact same thing as far as I have been told, taught by Wayne.
Quote:
Delve inside Criss Angel Masterminds as Criss and Wayne demonstrate the play-by-play breakdown for you to perform the Quarter Through Soda Can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:57 am 
Penguin

Shame I cannot purchase the original titled effect, but I suppose the Criss Angel and Wayne compilation will still render the same illusion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:07 am 
Emperor Penguin

It's the exact same illusion. Wayne still teaches it for the most part. Criss just gets in on the filming to boost his already inflated ego and make it appear as if he really is a magician. So just buy it anyway, because it's the same effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:30 pm 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
If you dont like Crissy now, youl dis-like him even more after Sinful. Hes pretty annoying in Sinful DVD, I remeber he says somthing like in front of Wayne, 'people are buying this effect jsut because I preformed it on Mindfreak, THATS WHY THEY WANT IT'.

Grr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:59 am 
Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
It's the exact same illusion. Wayne still teaches it for the most part. Criss just gets in on the filming to boost his already inflated ego and make it appear as if he really is a magician. So just buy it anyway, because it's the same effect.

I intend to purchase the illusion because it's truly amazing effect from what I've seen, and the reviews are also very positive.

My only concern was the fact that Criss Angel had to put his name next to it, and it almost seems like he's trying to take most of the credit himself.
I'll keep this short because I'll keep my comments about Criss Angel posted in the section of the forum that's pretty much dedicated to bashing him.

So with that said, I cannot wait for this to arrive in the mail because I've wanted this illusion for quite some time now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:43 am 
Penguin

This is a really nice Illusion and I agree I would not have purchased this if I thought that Chris Angel was in on this. I would want my money to go to Wayne as I really can't stand Chris Angel :( I think I will go bash him myself as I am really bored.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:29 pm 
Penguin

I had bought Criss Angel's Season One DVD and found I just couldn't stand him. However, his performance of the coin in the soda can was like finding a diamond in the rough. After playing with a quarter and a soda can for awhile I came up with a simplified handling that shows the hands completely empty but still allowing the coin to be heard inside. What I'm working on is a way to quickly pass the signed coin back into the can after it has been removed at completion of the effect.

This is kinda what I'm looking for but I don't want the gimmicky PK Ring/Steel Quarter version. - Coin in a Can

Any suggestions welcome.