View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The new $1 Presidential Coins
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:14 am 
Penguin

On http://dig4coins.com/news/latest/new-20 ... ation.html I have recently read some news stating that each 3 months, starting February 14, new presidential coins will be issued; valuing 1 dollar. The first presidential coin was James Monroe’s, featuring his image on the obverse. It was the 5th president of USA. After 3 months, the 6th president will be incrusted on the next dollar coin. This procedure will be repeated 2 more times for the 7th and 8th, till November 13. It is an interesting method of putting in circulation valuable coins. In some time these coins will be an interesting material for collecting. It’s a pity they issued only 4 presidents… very few.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:24 am 
born to perform.

The information you presented here, is inaccurate. The first Presidential dollar minted...was George Washington. There are currently 5 in circulation:

1. George Washington

2. John Adams

3. Thomas Jefferson

4. James Madison

5. James Monroe

All the other Presidents will make their appearance on these coins over the next few years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:18 pm 
Team Penguin

I find them good to do magic with. They just have a nice look to them and they don't make htem gaffed, so I use them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:29 pm 
Penguin

The vending machines at my work give them out as change so i have gotten used to using them. I think they look and handle great I try to use only the same presidents in the sets I use for slights to make sure that the spectators don't follow a particular one though...

Post subject: Gold Dollars
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:43 pm 
Penguin

The new gold dollars generally look nice but tarnish quite quickly. Any suggestions on keeping them looking brilliant?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:46 pm 
born to perform.

So these coins are gonna become real coins?
I mean, not like the old dollar and half dollar coins, that you would never get as change, etc.

Last edited by daniel116 on Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:21 pm 
Team Penguin

WOW i hope to got these arnt the same [edited] as sacaguwea dollar coins. i hate them more than anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:38 am 
born to perform.

girspiggy wrote:
WOW i hope to got these arnt the same [edited] as sacaguwea dollar coins. i hate them more than anything.

They are the same size and weight as the Sacajawea dollars, but the motto and "In God we Trust" is on the edge of the coin. The images on the faces are larger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:23 pm 
Team Penguin

Fred531 wrote:
girspiggy wrote:

They are the same size and weight as the Sacajawea dollars, but the motto and "In God we Trust" is on the edge of the coin. The images on the faces are larger.
This could actually be interesting. if you could get one made with the in god we trust on the face of the coin for a trick, you could to like a spellbound and appear to move it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:31 pm 
born to perform.

This could be a good alternative for Half Dollars/English Pennies if people have smaller hands, or just a change. You have two contrasting coins with the new coins and the Sacajawea coins.

-JT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:45 pm 
born to perform.

I get these as change all the time. I like them actually. And Popchris, gaffs are made for these coins. Here they are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:10 pm 
Team Penguin

As david letterman would say "thats a handsome coin". I have smaller hands but the sacajawea coins dont help at all. they are too thick and dont have grips on them. plus most of it is completely flat. if i had an option, i would use a quarter but if you like to use nice shiny coins, this might help. i like coins though that you can classic palm because of the edges.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:24 pm 
born to perform.

I love the new $1 coins. I give them out as tips, I carry at least five in my pocket at any given time and am always palming them and using them in sleights. ...Or I was for a while and am finally doing it again.
I think the size and weight of them is great for magic.
However...As of late, I am having trouble finding them still in rolls. The bank I had been getting them from has requested them, but haven't received any of the ones released in, or since, February. I went to another branch of my bank just this week and they had $1,000 worth of them, but refused to sell me any more than $50 worth! They acted like I was there to rob the place; though I am a longtime customer of theirs, have plenty of money in my bank account, was paying dollar-for-dollar and was being very polite. Apparently, it's just short of a crime to want to make a withdrawal if you'd rather have dollar coins than paper bills!