View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Does this sound like a good trick for a b-day party?
Yes 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
no 71%  71%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: i made this trick i think but i need help
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:54 pm 
Penguin

:( ok i have been trying so hard to make this trick work ok this is what i had in mind. I reach into my pocket and pull out a half dollar. I put it into my right hand and i pull a long line of scarves and the coin is gone. kindof cool huh. well the ways ive tried to make the coin disappear dont work so i need help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:24 pm 
born to perform.

It is obvious that you don't know much about coin magic. So, what you need to do is pick up David Stones Basic Coin magic dvd. You will learn a way to make the coin vanish on the first trick he teaches you. And if you really know that little about coin magic/magic in general you shouldn't really be trying to make up your own tricks at this point. You should be learning from books and dvds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:21 pm 
born to perform.

It doesn't sound cool to me. Get some basic knowledge of coin magic before trying to invent your own tricks. You can't beat Ammar's Introduction to Coin Magic DVD. David Roth and David Stone are also a good place to start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:14 pm 
Team Penguin

Well its up to you, but if you can tell us how to produce the scarves, it might help. im saying just put the coin into the hand already holding the scarves and just hold the coin behind the scarves when you display the coin gone and the scarves there. Are you using mouth coils?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:57 pm 
Penguin

if your doing it at birthdays ,u want the coin to be on the larger side and want some time to present it.otherwise they wontno what happened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:38 am 
born to perform.

When I first read this, I thought exactly what girspiggy said. I would try that if you really can't figure out a way to make the coin vanish.
As for the effect itself, I would re-think it. From what you have told us, it doesn't sound like it makes a whole lot of sense, but you may have a presentation that clears it up; I don't know.
Whatever the case, it wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up some resources on coin magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:21 pm 
Team Penguin

It's a little on the wild side but you can try a Bobo switch with a mouth coin and the coin. Pick up Bobo's book. He has a great chapter about switches and changes and such. You can also sleeve some mouth coins and do a retention pass. Rocco's DVD sold here is great for sleeving. You should check it out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:41 pm 
born to perform.

girspiggy wrote:
It's a little on the wild side but you can try a Bobo switch with a mouth coin and the coin. Pick up Bobo's book. He has a great chapter about switches and changes and such. You can also sleeve some mouth coins and do a retention pass. Rocco's DVD sold here is great for sleeving. You should check it out

I believe you mean Mouth Coils? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:20 pm 
Team Penguin

Awww man! I want my money back! He told me I would be the first on my block to have them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:17 pm 
born to perform.

lol girspiggy you crack me up!

Post subject: Re: i made this trick i think but i need help
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:53 pm 
Penguin

Id have to reccomend in the beginning there were coins. I dont have very much coin magic, my knowledge on coin magic consists of metal by eric jones (I DO NOT reccomend that one, it was my first coin magic dvd and it really turned me off to coin magic.), itbtwc, and modern coin magic. anyways, id have to reccomend it, he really does a good job of explaining everything in depth.