View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Best improv coin trick.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:37 pm 
Penguin

Hi, I wanted your impute on the best improv coin trick you know of.

I hate when someone who knows me hands me a quarter and says "go ahead, stick the pen through it!" or " bite a chunk out of it", so i wanted to see if their are any really good improv tricks I don't know that you guys know of.

Thanks! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:26 pm 
born to perform.

"Coins Across" is a classic, and very powerful. The effect "3/4 Across" from the DVD "On the Spot" is a great version.
Also, a little creativity can get you a one-coin impromptu routine that will fry them.

If you want a whole collection of impromptu work, and great routines for gaff coin sets, buy "Modern Coin Magic" by J.B. Bobo, if you haven't already. If you have, just look in there for a good routine; there are tons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:13 pm 
born to perform.

If someone handed me a coin and told me to do a trick then I would refuse. But if you want to impress them with a coin effect then using a Quantum Bender to bend the coin can't be beat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:11 am 
born to perform.

Just Pretend from Modern Coin Magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:22 am 
Team Penguin

^ Second that. Tim Feher has some really nice stuff on VinnyMarini.com you should check out. In your case you might want to carry around a stealth pen. I have heard that they go through coins (if you know what I mean). Try a coin through hand. I recomend just carrying a few coins with you and when the spectator tosses you a coin just put it away and say "Or how about we double the odds" and pull out the other coins and do a gadabout coins routine (pg.182of Bobo's as well as Just Pretend on pg.210)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:32 am 
born to perform.

benji11 wrote:
If someone handed me a coin and told me to do a trick then I would refuse. But if you want to impress them with a coin effect then using a Quantum Bender to bend the coin can't be beat.

That's great and all but the quantum bender insn't something you'd have on you plus it's like a gagillion bucks.

And if someone handed me a coin out of the blue and asked me to do magic I'd say no and put my hands back in my pockets only after I did a really good non shalant (sp) false transfer to give it back to them. So it would go like hey do a trick with this coin * hands come out of pockets, right hand accepts the coin, false transfer into the left hand, right hand goes back into the pocket* "no" * left hand gives them back the coin that vanishes the instant it hits their hand, left hand goes back into pocket and you continued talking about whatever it was you were talking about paying no attention to the fact that you just made a coin vanish which should make it very strong and real for them*

I happen to keep my hands in my pockets often so this works for me. If I don't have my hands in my pockets I put them in and pretend like I didn't hear them or are ignoring them for a second then put my hands in my pockets and after a second I turn to them and say "what" and they go "do a trick with this coin" and then you do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:34 am 
born to perform.

acebrawler73 wrote:
benji11 wrote:

That's great and all but the quantum bender insn't something you'd have on you plus it's like a gagillion bucks.

I ALWAYS have the Quantum Bender on me. Its like American Express...never leave home without it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:58 am 
Penguin

acebrawler73 wrote:
benji11 wrote:

And if someone handed me a coin out of the blue and asked me to do magic I'd say no and put my hands back in my pockets only after I did a really good non shalant (sp) false transfer to give it back to them. So it would go like hey do a trick with this coin * hands come out of pockets, right hand accepts the coin, false transfer into the left hand, right hand goes back into the pocket* "no" * left hand gives them back the coin that vanishes the instant it hits their hand, left hand goes back into pocket and you continued talking about whatever it was you were talking about paying no attention to the fact that you just made a coin vanish which should make it very strong and real for them*

I happen to keep my hands in my pockets often so this works for me. If I don't have my hands in my pockets I put them in and pretend like I didn't hear them or are ignoring them for a second then put my hands in my pockets and after a second I turn to them and say "what" and they go "do a trick with this coin" and then you do it.

very nice, ha ha :D , ya i refuse most of the time. or i will say " ya i know a really good trick!" and spend the coin, ha ha.

or you can always pretend to snort it and cough it back up ( they never want the coin back after that , i wonder why? )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:34 am 
born to perform.

I usually do the coin of shoulder, it's quick and cool