View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Does the Butter Coin come with extra regular Half Dollars?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:07 am 
Penguin

I need help, I live in Canada, and I don't think my classmates would care if I have Half Dollars, they would probably think their just Quarters, but I was wondering... does Butter Coin come with extra regular Half Dollars? I heard there are different kinds of Half Dollars too... and I don't live in the US so I don't know where to get any Half Dollars. I need help, all I got is one Canadian Half Dollar. :? Are they the same size as the US Half Dollar?
And probably the Expanded Shell i recieved would work... I guess... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:34 am 
Penguin

You might have to order US half dollars on line. I would suggest making sure you get Kennedy half dollars.

I know that flipper Twoonies are sold. Obviously that's not the same thing, but I'm actually not really a butter coin fan. Penguin doesn't sell gaffed Canadian coins, so I can't point you in that direction, but Google is your friend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:12 am 
Penguin

horatio7 wrote:
You might have to order US half dollars on line. I would suggest making sure you get Kennedy half dollars.

I know that flipper Twoonies are sold. Obviously that's not the same thing, but I'm actually not really a butter coin fan. Penguin doesn't sell gaffed Canadian coins, so I can't point you in that direction, but Google is your friend.

I don't really like spending two much money on one thing. The flipper coin twoonie is too expensive... :cry: I bought the Butter Coin because I wanted it to be a Folding coin and a Flipper coin...

Oh well. Penguin sells regular Half Dollars here but they only give you 20 Half Dollars for $23.00 and I have no use for 20 half dollars and it cost too much. :( :( :(

Post subject: Re: Does the Butter Coin come with extra regular Half Dollar
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:45 am 
Penguin

advenger9693 wrote:
I need help, I live in Canada, and I don't think my classmates would care if I have Half Dollars, they would probably think their just Quarters, but I was wondering... does Butter Coin come with extra regular Half Dollars? I heard there are different kinds of Half Dollars too... and I don't live in the US so I don't know where to get any Half Dollars. I need help, all I got is one Canadian Half Dollar. :? Are they the same size as the US Half Dollar?
And probably the Expanded Shell i recieved would work... I guess... :?

The Butter Coin does not come with extra Kennedy Half Dollars... and, although it can do everything in the video, it certainly cannot completely replace a flipper and a folding half. Since you live in Canada, you might want to think about getting a Canadian flipper by Roy Kuepper.

Good Luck,
Kyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:10 pm 
born to perform.

Just ask your bank!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:41 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I feel your pain.

I feel sorry for you Canadians and people from other countries who can't get all the standard trick Coins at reasonable prices. :cry:

Really, your only other options are to have them custom made in your own currency by the trick coin machinists like Lassen, Schoolcraft and Kueppers. Although these guys make top of the line trick coins, their prices are very high compared to what we US'ers can get at reasonable prices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:38 pm 
Penguin

Frijid_Pink wrote:
I feel your pain.

I feel sorry for you Canadians and people from other countries who can't get all the standard trick Coins at reasonable prices. :cry:

Really, your only other options are to have them custom made in your own currency by the trick coin machinists like Lassen, Schoolcraft and Kueppers. Although these guys make top of the line trick coins, their prices are very high compared to what we US'ers can get at reasonable prices.

aw that sucks! :(
i dont like spending too much money for one coin. i wish they made cheaper ones... welll... is there any place where i can get a halfdollar?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:59 pm 
Penguin

advenger9693 wrote:
welll... is there any place where i can get a halfdollar?

Here are my suggestions to you:

1) Try to locate a few local coin shops -- even if they don't have any cheap U.S. Half Dollars, they may have other cheap coins (e.g. my local coin shop has a few buckets of $.25, $.50, and $1 bins of random foreign coins).

2) Check out e-bay or similar online shops; sometimes you can find a few rolls or broken rolls cheap.

3) You could always purchase a roll of half dollars from Penguin here. Although now they're selling a roll of 20 half dollars for $45! (Other magic shops also do this, so look around...)

4) If all else fails, go straight to the source -- The U.S. Mint -- you can get two fresh rolls of Kennedy halves for only $32.95.

Good Luck,
Kyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:09 pm 
Penguin

oh i just rmeembered something! i can go to the mall and go to the hobby shop and gets some coin! illcheck if they do this weekend :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:56 pm 
Penguin

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
i just checked my mail and mypackage arrived and when i opened my expanded US halfdollar from tango... it didnt come with a regular half dollar! i didnt noe it wouldnt come with one.... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:40 pm 
born to perform.

why would you assume it would come with one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:49 pm 
born to perform.

You bought an Expanded Shell. It never said "extra, matching coin included!" Also, if you were really unsure, you should've emailed customer service or asked us for the answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:44 pm 
born to perform.

You can buy Kennedy halfs for $.85 HERE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:37 pm 
Penguin

out of stock =(