View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Coins!!!
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:30 pm 
Penguin

Well, I was going through my box of money from all the places around the world I've lived and vistited. I found some amazing coins, including Itallian Coins from when I lived there. They are stunning and PERFECT for coin magic. They are mint condition, shiney silver pieces of magic. I have only one picture as the others are not loading on Photobucket :roll:

This is three showing front and back. The leftmost coin is stacked on a half dollar for size comparison.

I also found some amazing 2 pence coins that are now my copper silver coin routine coins of choice when paired with the Itallian coins.

More Pics to come!

All the best,
-Chase

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:46 pm 
born to perform.

They look very nice! How big are they when compared to one of the new gold dollar president coins?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:37 pm 
Penguin

I tiny bit larger. Ideally so, for me at least. The edge is about 2mm visible when a gold presidental coin is stacked on it. If I can just get Photobucket to work I will post more Pics.

All the best,
-Chase

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:54 pm 
Penguin

Are they silver or some sort of nickel/brass clad?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:58 pm 
Penguin

Well they are silver all the way through. No two color sandwich construction or anything like that. I will do some research!

All the best,
-Chase

EDIT: I did some reading and saw that some are stainless steel coins and a few are actual Silver coins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:57 pm 
Penguin

i feel those coins (the 100 lt pieces) are a little too small for me (i can't really remember, it's been a while since i handled one). i prefer the 500 lt piece, it's a little bigger and looks very similar to the regular 2 euro coin (altough it's thinner and smoother)

i have to say that if you like those coins you might have a really hard time finding them, they are out of mint since 1999. i live in italy and have no idea where i could find one of those coins, apart from a few pieces that were hidden around in my house

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:41 pm 
Penguin

I have a set of 5 Francs that are almost identical to the Italian Lire above. I bought them for like 25 cents a piece at a local coin shop (out of a bucket full of old random foreign coins). My girlfriend told me that she actually bought a few of Lire from the same shop... you might want to check with your local coin shops (or there's always eBay) if you're interested in other currency.

Good Luck,
Kyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:48 pm 
Penguin

nanowarrior wrote:
i feel those coins (the 100 lt pieces) are a little too small for me (i can't really remember, it's been a while since i handled one). i prefer the 500 lt piece, it's a little bigger and looks very similar to the regular 2 euro coin (altough it's thinner and smoother)

i have to say that if you like those coins you might have a really hard time finding them, they are out of mint since 1999. i live in italy and have no idea where i could find one of those coins, apart from a few pieces that were hidden around in my house

Yes, I have some 500's and Love them. Just found them about a day ago. I also found some 5 francs and I love them too! I have plenty of 100 Lire coins so I will be sure to hang onto them as I know they are out of mint (unfortunatley).

All the best,
-Chase

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:28 pm 
Penguin

the swiss 5 franc coins are my actual favourite. i cannot recall how the french franc pieces looked like though (i think you're talking about them). what size are they?