View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: dissapointed From a Curtis Kam DVD
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:05 pm 
born to perform.

Hi
I got Silverado by Curtis Kam and I didn't really like it, it's not that the tricks were too difficult (actually only the Reed McClintock trick is really difficult), the tricks just weren't that amazing, and the sleights weren't really new to me...
Does this mean that I won't like Cashablance and Fists of Fury? because these DVDs look a lot more interesting to me, I just go Silverado because I thought Fists of Fury will be too difficult and because Cashablance is not downloadable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:04 pm 
Penguin

I don't own any of Kam's DVDs (I'm hoping to get a few POS, though, soon) so my opinion may be moot, but I don't think you should give up on his stuff yet. This is a bit subjective, but just from the reviews/context, I thought Silverado looked the least interesting.

Best Wishes,
Kyle

P.S. I've been reading a lot of Harbottle's Coins on Edge lately and a lot of great moves are referenced in the POS series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:13 pm 
born to perform.

Yea silverado is the least exciting, but like i said it has the easiest concentration of material of all the dvds. Fists of fury is my favorite even though i don't perform anything on there and cashablanca well..... okay i'm not sure which is my favorite cuzz "the greatest three dollar show on earth" is one of the best routines ever and is worth the price of cashablanca if you perform it regularly. So yea, silverado is maybe the least exciting of the four.

Oh and the first one is really cool too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:22 pm 
Team Penguin

The greatest 3 dollar show on earth was one of the best coin routines you can ever see. It was like watching coins and cylinder for the first time almost. A lot of the stuff on fisting fury uses gimmicks and dups and everything. Cashablanca is nothing new either. Everything on that DVD other than 3 dollar show and ilsa's production is published elsewhere by him and those books were far better than his DVDs IMHO. I would suggest cashablanca I guess since that is some finger stretching stuff. Ilsa's production is th most difficult to actually get enough to practice it independantly. If you like that one then make the leap and get his books too