View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Freeze a coin like you are Bobby from xmen...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:30 pm 
Penguin

http://www.ellusionist.com/frozen-by-ad ... y_overview

Anyone have this? I have my doubts that anything from Ellusionist could be practical to use in real life but this looks REALLY cool. Please tell us about it if you have it.

Post subject: Re: Freeze a coin like you are Bobby from xmen...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:36 pm 
born to perform.

mcarnett wrote:
http://www.ellusionist.com/frozen-by-adam-grace.html#easy_overview

Anyone have this? I have my doubts that anything from Ellusionist could be practical to use in real life but this looks REALLY cool. Please tell us about it if you have it.

Apparently it's impractical but that doesn't mean it can't be used. It's not about what leads to the trick, it's the end result. Who cares how it's done, as long as it looks the same in the end and your audience is dumbfounded, then you have a winner.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:47 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Quote:
Adam then built the effect with Ellusionist to make this new effect practical

Should say- kinda practical. :P

After watching the demo and reading the page... I am almost certain I know how it is done- since I used to do something similar back in high school.

If its done my way, then I understand the 18y and up.

Im tempted to buy it just to see how he does it, compared to mine. Then per-chance re-add it to my show. Who knows, they might have actually put something out thats some what useful. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:59 pm 
born to perform.

I have it... its impractical and it never went over well the few times I performed it... David if you want to PM your way I can tell you if you are right or not.... I wouldn't recommend this personally

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:03 pm 
Penguin

I didn't see the "must be 18 to order". That gives me a hint as to how it's done.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:09 pm 
Penguin

KrisDeagle wrote:
mcarnett wrote:
http://www.ellusionist.com/frozen-by-adam-grace.html#easy_overview

Apparently it's impractical but that doesn't mean it can't be used. It's not about what leads to the trick, it's the end result. Who cares how it's done, as long as it looks the same in the end and your audience is dumbfounded, then you have a winner.
Haha I'm guessing you haven't bought anything from ellusionist then judging by your comments. lol. Believe me, you can make anything look good in a video. They do wonders with editing. Also with videos, they can limits angle views to the extreme so you see only what they want you to see. So many times, it DOES make a difference. Ellusionist has proved many times that they don't have a moral conscience about completely lying to you (basically) thru their demo videos. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:14 pm 
born to perform.

mcarnett wrote:
Haha I'm guessing you haven't bought anything from ellusionist then judging by your comments. lol. Believe me, you can make anything look good in a video. They do wonders with editing. Also with videos, they can limits angle views to the extreme so you see only what they want you to see. So many times, it DOES make a difference. Ellusionist has proved many times that they don't have a moral conscience about completely lying to you (basically) thru their demo videos. ;)

You guessed wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:13 pm 
Penguin

I have MANY Ellusionist products that I think are EXCELLENT. Also a few that aren't so excellent, and I also have some that aren't so excellent from many other commercial magic sources.

Frozen is one I have, don't believe it's as "practical" as shown but do believe it has a time and place to be performed. I haven't performed this yet but DO plan to do so in the future, just have a couple of notes on items I want to improve on first. I do believe it could be a good "parlor" effect but that's not my gig.....I enjoy extreme close-up.

A lot of the "not practical" effects depend on how bad you want to perform it, then figure out how to "fit it in".....just my opinion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:55 pm 
Penguin

Im not positive on how this effect works but I can make some assumptions.... A friend of mine does an effect where the exact opposite of this effect happens... An object heats up in the spectators hand rather than cools down...

More like a science project it seems ....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:56 pm 
born to perform.

I got this and I really enjoy the effect. It is a difficult effect to do because of the restrictions (thus making it partly impractical). However after performing it a few times, I noticed that a few people actually guessed the method when discussing ("hmm, he would have had to use ****"). Smart spectators who thought about it for a minute were able to get an idea of the method (not exact, but ballpark), so that's an effect killer for me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:52 pm 
Penguin

I don't own it but i know how its done. All i will say is you have to do a switch which i hate switches :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:28 pm 
born to perform.

heyitsmagic7 wrote:
I don't own it but i know how its done. All i will say is you have to do a switch which i hate switches :)

You hate switches? What does that even mean; you hate every switch out there? Why would that be? To your audience there is never a switch, so you should not be concerned about the methodology. And btw, you won't be able to do very much AT ALL in magic if you decide not to switch anything.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:21 pm 
Penguin

evanbishop wrote:
heyitsmagic7 wrote:

You hate switches? What does that even mean; you hate every switch out there? Why would that be? To your audience there is never a switch, so you should not be concerned about the methodology. And btw, you won't be able to do very much AT ALL in magic if you decide not to switch anything.

I just don't like doing switches but that doesn't mean i don't do switches. Im not very good at switches i like to magic tricks that don't require switches

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:57 pm 
born to perform.

Switches and Ditches. Learn to love them and a whole new world of magic will open up to you. I'm spending as much time perfecting the art of these two moves as I am learning new magic.